Get Garage!

RadioRedline

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lilram,

I'm not as talented as speedy as you, my brake job has been a eye opener yes (for a simple guy like myself) The biggest holdup was locating and purchasing a RH Front Shoe Adjuster! I

Its been the same amount of time doing my brakes as its been for you:

Replacing a clutch in a 510.

Lowering a 510.

Painting a 510.

Welding a Dodge and Datsun 521 together.

Buying a Mazda B-series.

Lol how are all of those projs coming along?

Radio

Hmm. Was driving my yellow 620 around last night for an hour. Cruising around the City. The gauge lights got dimmer and dimmer so I headed home, and checked the fuse box out, the top LH 20A that I put in the other day, was starting to go. The metal inside was all curled up. Turned off truck in time before she had a major meltdown. What would cause that thing to get so friggen hot, shorting out somewhere?

Radio

Lilram,

I'm not as talented as speedy as you, my brake job has been a eye opener yes (for a simple guy like myself) The biggest holdup was locating and purchasing a RH Front Shoe Adjuster! I

Its been the same amount of time doing my brakes as its been for you:

Replacing a clutch in a 510.

Lowering a 510.

Painting a 510.

Welding a Dodge and Datsun 521 together.

Buying a Mazda B-series.

Lol how are all of those projs coming along?

Radio

you know, i could have done all that in about a day. clutch job, like 3 hours, lowering, like an hour at most, painting, maybe 3 hours in that, weldint the trucks together, well that took a lot of measuring, but it did only take one night to complete, about 3 or 4 hours and buying the mazda, havent done that yet. and if you wana know how there coming along, im working on getting the money for the mazda, the welded trucks are now in the junk yard cuz my motor has a hole in the front of the block due to a timing chain problem, and i cant find a block to replace it. oh and the 510, well we can pretty much say thats never guna be seen again. so no one will ever have it as a head ache every day throught the time they own it. cuz thats what it was for me.

Hmm. Was driving my yellow 620 around last night for an hour. Cruising around the City. The gauge lights got dimmer and dimmer so I headed home, and checked the fuse box out, the top LH 20A that I put in the other day, was starting to go. The metal inside was all curled up. Turned off truck in time before she had a major meltdown. What would cause that thing to get so friggen hot, shorting out somewhere?

Radio

yup theres a short some where. since its charging related, i would check out the alternator and the voltage regulator first.

I don't think any 620s are 20 amp. 15 is as high as they get.

If the fuse is hot it often is bad connection to the fuse holder. Corrosion will cause a small resistance and like a toaster element it will warm up. If this is the cause and it isn't fixed the heat will A/ melt the fuse box B/ the heat will take the temper out of the fuse holder clips and they will loose their grip and contact and it will get hotter. Had one like that ate lights would act up but you couldn't touch it because it was so hot. You'd have to tap it with something to get it to make batter contact. :angry:

looks like your getting a little sloppy with the brake fluid, here's a clean up tip, take some rubbing alcohol and put it on a rag or spray it on the brake fluid, this will break it down and not leave any residue behind, also works on brake pads when they get soaked with brake fluid, spray the pads w/ rubbing alcohol then just wipe off any excess. You might have to do it a few times to get it all off. ;)