Reclocking cam sprocket

mklotz70

Again...mainly for the first timers. Over the years, I've found that if you can watch something being done, it raises the confidence level tremendously. I'm certainly no genius, so if I can figure this out, any one else can too!!

The first vid is me correcting a previous move of the sprocket. Basically, same thing, but with slightly different info.

th_100_5504.jpg

th_100_5505.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike, excellent video. You sure made that cam sprocket bolt look easy.:D Just so this is not overlooked, my 1976 620 factory service manual lists the torque spec for that cam bolt to be 87-116 ft.-lbs. Thats pretty darn tight.:) That spec is for the L20b, i dont have specs for the L16 or L18, but i bet that they are close to that.

Hey Mike, I liked the "I'm 100% retarded" part. :D Good stuff.

It would be funnier if it weren't so true! :)

Mike, excellent video. You sure made that cam sprocket bolt look easy.:D Just so this is not overlooked, my 1976 620 factory service manual lists the torque spec for that cam bolt to be 87-116 ft.-lbs. Thats pretty darn tight.:) That spec is for the L20b, i dont have specs for the L16 or L18, but i bet that they are close to that.

Thanks! I put it on pretty tight, but with a 3/8" ratchet....I'm sure I wasn't anywhere near that. I'll pop the cover again and find a better way to hold the spocket. This is an L20b....and I agree..the other L's should be the same.

• Like 1

Heh... I think we need a sticky just for mike to take the lamen like me through the basics.

"The skool bell w. Professor Klotz! Everything you newbs need to know!"

Not that Mike has the time!

Thanks for making these Mike! I am not relocking a cam, but know some day I will and will be right back into this thread.

We should get together and do a book along the lines of the Complete Idiots' guides. Pen/ink illustrations......... naw...way too much work!! :) It takes enough time just to upload the vids!!

.....I just got a new flaring tool on monday.....I might get around to doing the how-to on tubing flaring today...we'll see :)

• Like 1
It would be funnier if it weren't so true! :)

Thanks! I put it on pretty tight, but with a 3/8" ratchet....I'm sure I wasn't anywhere near that. I'll pop the cover again and find a better way to hold the spocket. This is an L20b....and I agree..the other L's should be the same.

TORQUE IT OR IT WILL FALL OFF ! trust me :blink:

• 2 years later...