New here with a 1972 Pickup

Highly recommend the swap. Improved ride. Adjustability. Toss the torsions to make room for "other" stuff. Look up the project threads from "sanitys" and "Fineline." They both did coilver conversions on kingpin trucks (i think Fineline's was kingpins.) I got drive sanitys truck. Nice.

-Brian

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice another one is getting saved!

1. Be very very careful with that windshield! You'll cringe when you hear the price... that is if you can find one.

2. Disk brakes

3. Check your king pins. If they are bad, do a hardbody ball joint swap. (another thing you can get from the members of this forum)

4. Get really friendly with the guys at your local junk yard. Give them your phone number.

otherwise have fun with it. We're here to help.

great score! i love to see another 521 saved. when was the last time it ran? any history on it? how about a under the hood pic? welcome to our great site.

It is a California truck. It was driven here 5 years ago on it's own power from California and was pulled in the barn and hasn't moved since. Everything is there under the hood, but I forgot to take a picture, I will get one as soon as we get it back to th house.

-Daniel

Nice another one is getting saved!

1. Be very very careful with that windshield! You'll cringe when you hear the price... that is if you can find one.

2. Disk brakes

3. Check your king pins. If they are bad, do a hardbody ball joint swap. (another thing you can get from the members of this forum)

4. Get really friendly with the guys at your local junk yard. Give them your phone number.

otherwise have fun with it. We're here to help.

Awesome thanks! I have already found a TON of info on this site! I had heard about the windshield, my friend has a 78 Luv and it was ssooo expensive to replace. His dash mat was even more so luckily I don't need one of those! I think the only thing I really need right now is a drivers side door and some new window cranks. The rust is on the drivers side so I'm going to replace it to make sure that it won't go anywhere else! I'm so stoked about this truck. I love it so much!

welcome!!! or should i say hi neighbor, im in somerset!!!! well you are now part of the super few and proud east coast ratsun members!!!!! we need more pics of that truck!!! what are your plans for it? since you live in ky, do you know where any 620's are? how about 510's in your area?

welcome!!! or should i say hi neighbor, im in somerset!!!! well you are now part of the super few and proud east coast ratsun members!!!!! we need more pics of that truck!!! what are your plans for it? since you live in ky, do you know where any 620's are? how about 510's in your area?

I don't actually. If I hear of any I will let you know. I need a drivers side door so if you know of any let me know! I don't have the truck yet so I can't get any pics til it's in my back yard on November 14.

Oh and a quick question, if I am looking for parts for the truck, would a 1972 Nissan Pickup be the same/fit?

Edited by drosswife

Oh and a quick question, if I am looking for parts for the truck, would a 1972 Nissan Pickup be the same/fit?

Just make sure its a PL521. Some late '72 trucks were PL620's. Not as the same.

-Brian