taking the place of a datsun...for now (vw)

this is my 84 rabbit gti i picked it up for a while back for 500 with rebuilt engine new struts, tires, and tranny rebuild. right now im working on finished the interior as it only had one recaro and a bad dash install....next step will be some coilovers and some nice strut bars!

img382.jpg

img385.jpg

img384.jpg

just picked up some hard to find pirelli P-slot rims for it!

img080.jpg

img078.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice

How do you like the recaro? That model goes pretty cheap I have always though about ganking a set from a vw.

you know what....for the $150-200 you can get a set for (sometimes) they are amazingly comfortable, way better then the original mk1 seat and im sure better them most datsun seats out there haha

clean little dub id drive it

haha thanks man

if i didn't need my recaros for my GLI i would have put them in my 620 a long time ago. god i miss sittin in those seats......

i think i may make this one into a computer chair after i find a pair of the lol

Nice find. I actually love how the mk1 sets feel in my car. I like how the side bolsters are shaped. Is that mk2 bumpers on it? They look pretty good on there. I hate the huge bumpers that come stock on those.

i believe they are euro bumpers, they came with the car. i had them off for a while, they were sagging at the ends because they are not ment for it and i haven't gout around to making supports for it yet but i slid them back on for now haha

A neat mod for the MK1 recaro... the mk2 scirocco had the same seat frames, though sometimes with hideous fabric colors, BUT they are height adjustable and the fabric from the rabbit recaro slides right over and looks stock.

i will have to check that out if i cant find another good mk2 recaro

i believe they are euro bumpers, they came with the car. i had them off for a while, they were sagging at the ends because they are not ment for it and i haven't gout around to making supports for it yet but i slid them back on for now haha

all you need are the side supports. and yes they are mk1 euro bumps. i have a set on my rabbit as well. so they are for said car you just need the side supports which i think you can get from rabbit parts.

• 2 weeks later...

well i got some new seats installed there out of a 92 gti they look good and for 80 bucks i couldn't complain but i will still be looking for recaro's next is to get a nice mk2 gti dash and redo the headliner and door cars

sorry for the bad pics it was getting dark and cell phone FTL :( i will try and get better ones tomorrow

img097.jpg

img099.jpg

img100-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...