I.D. # location

1sad521

it was recently brought to my attention that the engine in my 521 may not be a datsun but in fact possibly a toyota 3TC? it has the trans hooked to it so where might i find the #'s on either to put into google to figure my situation? im trying to get rid of it so any help would be wonderful!

really the only pic i have of it if that helps the pros out there

datsunengine.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so does anyone know where to find the numbers to confirm 2TC or 3TC? it seems to be the concensus that its yota but some say nobody will want it and some say that i can something out of it. i think everybody knows which i prefer:D

thanks for the help so far!:thumbsup:

There should be an engine identification number on the block near the dipstick.

2w7ptgx.jpg

Yeah, 400hp and 28psi later = the destroyed block above..

but i bet it was really fun before it blew :D

that is definatly a toyota motor why it would be in a datto i have no clue

You're right 28psi is good for a built tc but I think this guy had a tuning error. Here is a link to mucho pictures of the carnage and a little precursor to the detonation: 3tc Garage

If you weren't 9.5 hours away, I'd consider taking that motor off your hands... I've got an 81 mini waiting for something new...

Edited by ezcruiser
You're right 28psi is good for a built tc but I think this guy had a tuning error. Here is a link to mucho pictures of the carnage and a little precursor to the detonation: 3tc Garage

If you weren't 9.5 hours away, I'd consider taking that motor off your hands... I've got an 81 mini waiting for something new...

would ya wanna meet in like b'ham and cut that travel time in half?:D i have future family up in the ham so it wouldnt be an inconvenience for me.... what's the offer?:P

would ya wanna meet in like b'ham and cut that travel time in half?:D i have future family up in the ham so it wouldnt be an inconvenience for me.... what's the offer?:P

Does the truck come with it?:D I doubt I could make it happen, bit of a long shot for myself. Tell you what, throw in a 411 or a 510, yes it can be a wagon:rolleyes:, and you have a deal!:lol::lol::lol:

shit i had one of those i doubt id be gettin rid of em:p its trashed now anyways probably get more out of that way:o

oh and i got the numbers before i hauled it off just to entertain myself----

1141128010 and something like 648 by itsself closer to front of the block

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: