raise your hand if your D lines slams the body on your goon!

jesusno2

I had my car on jack stands today, fired it up, and put it in gear. Soon as i let the clutch out the driveshaft slams the body!!. AWESOME! just my fat ass in the car makes the driveshaft hit he body. So what now? cut the floor and make a different tunnel? different leaf springs? 4 link the car? I have material for a 4 link, but their is no room under that damn car! I have searched lots, trying to find pictures of someone who has done it, and got nothing. The top bars are what im curious about. I'm thinking of just using coil over springs in custom made spring buckets, and normal shocks. Then i could play around with spring rates in the rear. Anybody got pics of the top bars on a 4 link wagon?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I already seen those the pictures dont show what i wanna see. plus i can only see half of them on that sight.
Oh, well excuse me, oh vague one. You said you had searched and found nothing...those aren't exactly nothing. What about these don't show what you want to be shown? Or were you just asking about cutting your tunnel, because there are pics of that here as well, but I guess I'll leave that up to you to find.

2917601_23_full.jpg2917601_24_full.jpg2917601_30_full.jpg2917601_31_full.jpg2917601_29_full.jpg

yea that was kinda vauge huh:o those other pics are great though that panhard bar give me a great idea maybe i could do a three think type suspension. i just need to make sure i got clerance for one once the fuel tank in is their their is not much room.

I too had an issue with the driveshaft slapping the tunnel. Sawzall, sheet metal, hammer and a mig got me more clearance. Be careful of the brake lines!!

hahah.. funny you say that. When i first cut it, i totally forgot about that and sawed half way through a line.