? about thermostat housing

djmoreron

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same bolt holes so yeah a direct bolt on. The L 20 housing may have different connectors on if for the temp. sender but can be made to work. Also any L series Z car housing will work also,same deal with connectors being different. I pulled one off a Z car but never used it, to me it looked a little clutttered with the extra connectors on it. Its in the middle of the pic....

JYfinds5206.jpg

stopped by the autozone that claimed to have the gasket for the head to housing, but they couldnt find it, so im off to another one near my work tommorrow. i did however, get the water outlet gasket....

ROL gaskets

WO8221-001

FP-25581

http://www.rolmfg.com

:cool:

EDIT: you know, from the rolmfg website, you can see the part#s for all the gaskets they make for the l20b engine and pictures of them. the housing to head part number is WO8426.

WO8426.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

i too like to make my own gaskets.

if you get the housing with the extra water port line you could use it for a after market water temp gauge. like a tripple gauge. finding the adapter isn't easy though.

i love having dual water sending units and dual oil light and pressure gauge. most people like to chop out the original and hook up after market stuff. you can always run both if ya want.