Talk about a cool project!!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

I'd never heard of this forum before, but saw in the youtube stats for my video that you guys had found my project. I decided that I'd register here say hi.

Awesome, I wana see it done...

Thanks, I'll be happy when it is done. It's a big project...bigger than I thought it would be when I started. Blame car and driver......their 2006 locost article is what got me started. (Well, that and the rusty 1982 maxima that I had in the back yard.) The article lead me to the forums at locostusa.com, where I found links to the McSorely plans for the locost-style lotus seven clones. I looked them over, then decided to use the same type of construction techniques, but to change the design and build a replica of the early datsuns instead of a replica of a lotus.

Makes me wana make one but a rat rod, have a big L28 sticking out in the open!

Go for it. It would be nice to have another one on the road when mine is done.

I'm not shooting for a ratrod look, but may drive it in primer for a year after the body is done just so that I can modify/tweak things before painting. The sides of the engine bay will be open, but it will probably have a hood and fenders.

If you want to follow the project, I post updates fairly often at http://pennyanteracing.com Now that I know you guys exist, I may check in here occasionally, too.:)

Yay

Talk about coming full circle:

- 1922: Austin builds the 7

- 1920s & 1930s: Manufacturers all over the world clone or license the 7, including BMW and DAT

- 1957: Lotus creates the Lotus 7, a racing-inspired re-design

- 1990s: Locost home builders clone the Lotus 7

- 2000s: Joey Builds the Datsun 7

Welcome indeed! This isn't the first time your Datsun has come up on Ratsun! I posted a link once before before the video. It is such a cool build!

One of the few things I'd want more than my 1959 Datsun is one from even earlier!!! But that is next to impossible. Heck they barely have any of them in Japan!!!

Really look forward to your build continuing. Please keep us updated!