the great blue whale

is the biggest of all sea fairing mammals. but this is not about the largest of the whales, its about my great blue whale. its my 1986 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Station Wagon. its a freaking WHALE of a car. i picked it up 2 years ago to help tote my grandma around as she was in a wheel chair and i had something like 4 kids to haul around and figured a big old wagon would work best. well, about a month an half after picking it up, my grandmother passed away. so i put it up for sale, and its been up since then as i didn't really need the car.

so it has been in need of front brakes for about a year now. rotors are warped but i am not gonna put rotors on it till i can get new wheels for it. i pulled it up from my lower lot this afternoon so i could do the brakes and make it a reliable driver again. all it really needs is the brakes done and a GOOD cleaning. surprisingly though it doesn't need a lot of cleaning inside. theres NO mold at all in the interior. yet my 90 passat wagon is a swamp. go figure.....

so without further stalling, here are the specs and some older pics of the whale. it hasn't changed much since the pics were taken except the antenna was changed out for a working unit, fog lights (now with broken lenses), grant steering wheel, and a K&N under hood.

1986 Caprice Wagon

5.0L 307CID Oldsmobile V8 with a Rochester E4ME carb (with 217,769.2 miles on it)

200R4 automatic

2.53:1 open rear gears (makes it a gutless f'n wonder)

8 passenger capacity with fold down 3rd row seat with keyed lock

blue cloth interior

power EVERYTHING!!!!! 8 way power front seats, power windows and locks, manual mirrors though... weird..

Kenwood 2 knob stereo (i REALLY want a factory wood grain unit or my premier.)

locking storage compartment in back

and a factory roof rack with rear air deflector.

oh and i have the factory manuals AND key code pop outs fromt he original keys.

th_10-10-09074.jpg

th_10-10-09075.jpg

th_10-10-09076.jpg

th_10-10-09077.jpg

th_10-10-09078.jpg

th_10-10-09079.jpg

th_10-10-09080.jpg

th_10-10-09081.jpg

th_10-10-09082.jpg

th_10-10-09083.jpg

th_10-10-09084.jpg

th_Picture047.jpg

th_Picture046.jpg

th_Picture045.jpg

th_Picture044.jpg

th_Picture043.jpg

th_Picture042.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DatsuNoob

HAHAHA! Yeah, I used to have an 88!! I bought mine in Bellevue from an Indian guy who was a taxi driver for $60 and a 50 gallon aquarium! It had the farwest tags on the doors and everything:lol: Tired 305, Velour interior, power everything, all the options, and I especially liked the seat in the back that faces the rear door. I dumped mine on some 13" American Racing wires/whitewalls and slapped some primer grey on it. Drove like a lowered schoolbus :lol: I loved it

i am planning on dropping a set of Impala SS drop springs in and i REALLY want a nice set of wheels to put on it. i HATE the smoothies but thats what it came with so i cant complain. i also would LOVE to have a 350, 700R4 and a decent gear ratio so its a touch faster.

why thank you. it is in awesome shape for its age. one small dent and one small (50 cent peice) spot of rust. and the interior is almost flawless. and the factor it runs and drives like a dream for haivng 218K on it is amazing.

:mellow: ...... :rolleyes:...... :fu:

smart ass

my mom had one of those, brown with the fake wood paneling.

Nice ride though, super clean for the age.

yeah i like me. would LOVE to have one with the fake wood sides. and thanks. it is really clean.

from what my research ahs pointed to, i should already have the roller cam adn lifters. but it should be the lower lift cam. duals would be badass in that though. gotta figure out how to run them though so i can do it. single exhaust sucks.