This Z is awesome.

well, I didn't know you could even fit a 205 width tire on a 10" wide wheel. I was thinking 225 on a 9" wide was stupid looking...

It is very low and looks nice. I do like to drive my Z. I barely make it around as it is and I think I've got the lowest 280ZX I've seen.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i like the car as for drifting i would think the z cars would be the best datto to do it in they have the most power in stock form and body panels are even reproduced

just the spots that rust out :( everything else you need to cut from a doner.

when some 17yr old kid come asking me about drifting a Z I tell him to buy a 240sx :rolleyes:

for the love of god please dont drift your Z's kids :( your not Keiichi Tsuchiya

Character.........

A kick ass one off suspension, uncracked dash.

Idk how so many people could knock this car looking at the s30's on this site. Maybe he should rattle can it or some shit onto it then everyone would love it lol.

Character.........

A kick ass one off suspension, uncracked dash.

Idk how so many people could knock this car looking at the s30's on this site. Maybe he should rattle can it or some shit onto it then everyone would love it lol.

I'd much rather have mine...It has a good dash too.. I don't feel that silly stretched tires slammed with a crap ton of negative camber is all that unique.

DSCN3979.jpg

Ha and I'd rather have mine lol. I don't dig on the stretched tire look or cars so low that it's not even practical anymore. It's driftero kiddy shit imho BUT the car has a nice stance and I have to say again character. By being lazy and unrefined he made it work and I dare anyone to point out some z's where thats the reality. It has the bad ass appeal whether I personally would own it or not.

I noted the dash because it was said like without the wheels and flares the car would be garbage, which is far from true.

Your z is nice no doubt but like this is ratsun, if I wanted to see shiny z's or people bitch about paint jobs I'd be on classiczcar lol.

Not directed at anyone, just a point.

. I'm gonna lower the shit out of mine, but I do want to be able to drive it into and out of anywhere.

He drove it down from San Jose area I believe to JCCS and Back Home... my back was DONE after 5 hrs in my wagon and its not even close to being that low, but my buddy Rich did say that it isnt that bad of a ride (he had the datsun 1200 with the KA24de-t in it) it just would get annoying bottoming out on everything

He drove it down from San Jose area I believe to JCCS and Back Home... my back was DONE after 5 hrs in my wagon and its not even close to being that low, but my buddy Rich did say that it isnt that bad of a ride (he had the datsun 1200 with the KA24de-t in it) it just would get annoying bottoming out on everything

His blog says 3/4" of clearance... looks like it too. My old 620 had 3-4" of clearance and scraped the frame on most drive ways for the local businesses here.

The guy has only owned it for like 6 months... hes gonna paint it. Its way too low yes. Too each his own though. I'm gonna lower the shit out of mine, but I do want to be able to drive it into and out of anywhere.

:D there always a work in progress, thats what i like looking at most, seeing whats changed from year to year when the show season comes back around :cool:

cool car all together tho

With so little of clearance under those arches, even the stiffest springs would rub. I'm gonna guess he doesn't drive it that low all the time and just dumped it on the coilovers for the photoshoot.

And you'd be surprised how ratsun my car is. That entire thing was painted in my garage, and all the stuff was stuffed in there in the wee winter months during highschool.

Not too shabby, even with a ratsun budget (if I have over 6k in that car including all the stuff I did to it and un did to it, the origional price I paid for the two cars, etc. I'd be extremely surprised. )

With so little of clearance under those arches, even the stiffest springs would rub. I'm gonna guess he doesn't drive it that low all the time and just dumped it on the coilovers for the photoshoot.

And you'd be surprised how ratsun my car is. That entire thing was painted in my garage, and all the stuff was stuffed in there in the wee winter months during highschool.

Not too shabby, even with a ratsun budget (if I have over 6k in that car including all the stuff I did to it and un did to it, the origional price I paid for the two cars, etc. I'd be extremely surprised. )

The kid drives it just like it is. But he is only 20 something. I would like to see him do it when he gets to be my age. (4 years older than dirt)

Then that's just silly. I feel he wont be pleased with the resuts if he has no way to actually make it usable on all but the most pot-hole free roads (which don't exist here in the midwest, not sure about cali).

And I don't need my car to stick out, it already attracts enough attention from the police, my current dilemma is trying to get it to blend in! Damn those sexy lines...

agreed! :D I love the look of a low car, and I DO think his car looks good. Its one of those times when I say, "thats cool... on someone elses car" :lol:

+ one on that. I like to look but it would never work for me. But I have to give the kid props.

For a pile it's getting alot of attention.:D

My coilovers have 6-7 inches of adjustability,,,, and I can almost get my front crossmember 1 inch off the ground at FULL drop.....

And yes.... we do have potholes in cali.........:fu:

I have only driven my car with the coilovers raised most of the way,,,, and the exaust was still dragging on small pebbles....

I would be worried about the stress on the T/C rods and contol arms at FULL drop....