Devil In A Blue Dress

Oh Has anyone ever done anything to 'fill in' the area right behind your front tires where you quarter panel meet the body? It seems like all its there for is to collect mud/rocks & crap!

i added a strip of EPDM weather stripping. 1 side has adhesive.

same material i used in making new seals fro the taillights.

only had it on for ~8 mos and no crap had accumulated when i pulled the fender.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

holy crap. you are givin this ride one hell of a makeover !!!

i love this car man. clean as hell.

made your own dynamat? i might try something like that.

got any detailed pics of it

Thanks dude :) I got the 'peal & seal' idea from this thread: Sound Deadening on a ratsun budget The stuff works great! sticks to ANYTHING, the smell is negligible, and its easy to get and cheap! I will post up more pics when I finish my trunk area and doors :)

If you were talking about that odd looking square piece in the spare tire well, it happens to be where the stock jack went. haha. However it needs to be removed. And you did a good job doing it.

Figured it was something like that with the folded/round steel for more strength in that area. (it wasn't easy to match that shape) The previous owner had butchered the rectangle out and dropped in a ghetto battery tray with some silicone :huh: It was rusted and chopped to hell, I wanted to clean that up and move the battery to higher position and the right side to balance the weight in the car (me in the driver seat) Thanks for the kind words :)

Damn sweet ride bro! Love to see it at the next get together. If you need any electrical help with alarms, sound or lighting, hit me up, I carry Vision LED products.

Thanks man! Its been a labor of love. I have a obsessive compulsive fury when it comes to my dime ;) I am getting into some crazy interior lighting next, gonna put some electric blue 12" CCD tubes under the seats as my door open interior lighting and I just put in 2 mini halogen spot map lights as my dome :) I already have piranha LED tail lights and Biker LED turn signals. Do you do any work with auto doors locks? I want to set up a crazy system Im looking to pow wow with another electrical geek on :)

i added a strip of EPDM weather stripping. 1 side has adhesive.

same material i used in making new seals fro the taillights.

only had it on for ~8 mos and no crap had accumulated when i pulled the fender.

Ah that sounds like a good idea! I just hate the way every dime out there has rusted front fenders because of the mud collecting there.

I ended up fabbing a 'slide' in there with some steel and then bondo the seal it. Now water and mud slides 'down and out' rather then collecting :cool: I have some clean up to do on it, But I will post some pictures :)

very nice as always.....are those headlights the ebay 100.00 ones.....i been thinking abouy gettn them but was waiting for someone else to test them out....lol

Nice eye! They are indeed the fleebay specials! I had some paypal money laying around a while back and messaged the guy if they would fit a 70's 510. He said they should... I decided what the hell and picked them up. They fit the shells perfectly but the chrome rings needed to be just a bit bigger. I decided to break my rings and re-weld rather then dremel them out. After that, they went in perfectly. The stock headlight plugs went right on and they work great! I love the blue halo's and I haven't been pulled over for them yet.... ;)