Hi Tn Freak here

DragNDestroy

Whats up guys my name is Brandon I'm 24 and from a little town in Tennessee called Fairview. I recently became a Datsun 620 owner and am pretty happy with the experience thus far. Most would label me a "Minitrucker" I guess but that's not all I'm about i like alot of older cars and trucks but always seem to end up owning a mini :D.

I picked up a 1977 Datsun 620 KC it has the automatic tranny and appears to have had air conditioning on it at one time, it is complete with lame ass drum brakes all the way around.

My plans are to bag, body drop , shave some stuff, and paint it along with refreshing the l20 and maybe changing the trans out to a 5 speed of some sort

Now for a couple pics:

l_a611f8baaf864d838dda56e90893deb3.jpg

What it looked like when i picked it up

l_d76a975c26bb47008818d9c8f2d6cbee.jpg

after we lowered it a little bit and swapped tha AR wheels off of it

and a pic of my previous ride:

GEDC0071.jpg

1996 Chevrolet s10 bagged on 22 inch centerline smoothies

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the welcome guys. I've been looking into getting a 240z motor locally complete with a 5 speed.... you guys ever seen one of these swapped into a 6 and at the least will the 5 speed work?

if we're talking ka24e? then yes, I had one in my truck (see sig for build) with a 280zx tranny behind it.

I just came out with a custom bolt-in tranny xmember for the 620 that will allow you to run the stock 240sx tranny with no mods. I also have motor mounts that will allow you to drop that motor into the 620.

I can also do a wire harness swap in about 4 hours so all you have to do is hook up 3 wires to the truck.

I would do the KA24 WAAYYY before I would ever even consider using an L24. The KA24 is a better engine, newer fuel injection, easier to find parts for, and the biggest thing is that you won't have to hack up the firewall to make it fit. Sure the trans would swap out of a Z and onto the L24, but the whole thing is going to have to be shifter back 10 inches. So you'll still need transmission mounts and a shortened driveshaft anyways. You'll even need different motor mounts. So for the exact same amount of work, you might as well have a 20 year newer design.

werd guess ill just keep the l20 cause i dont want all the mess of swapping in a wiring harness and up converting the truck to efi, i'd just be happier keeping the truck simple since it is mainly going to be drivin at shows and not daily.............. what gear can i change to in the rear end that wont make the engine sound like its about to detonate at interstate speeds with this damn 3 speed auto