My Secret!!!!!

Steroid

In My travels to Japan a year and a half ago, I inquired about ebay to a few Japanese truck fans that I met. I was informed that there was no ebay in Japan but that they all bid on and sell on Yahoo. So, when I got home I put in (and still do) on Google: yahoo auctions japan, then when the page comes up clic on "translate this page". Just look for the usual stuff.... datsun truck, datsun pickup, datsun 620, etc. You can figure it out pretty easy. I usually google a currancy converter to see how much something is in Our money. But check out what You could buy for about $7,200!!!! And at last years JCCS I met a man that said He could get ANY pre 1971 vehicle here for $4,000. Is this the ultimate cruiser or what?!?!? Even the stock bed cover, bumpers and look closely.... the key is still in the ignition!!! Also, naturally, RHD!!!!!

U520sale.jpg

U520sale2.jpg

U520sale3.jpg

I have asked/begged My son "cann't You be allowed to transport one vehicle with You from Japan when You get transfered in February"? Man, would this be cool for 4 of Us to drive to a run in?!?!?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, You cann't see a floor shifter, right?? That's because it is a COLUMN SHIFT!!!!! What a restoration project that would be!!! I'm not too keen on 520s but on 620s the radio antenna is on the passenger's side. This truck's is also on the "passenger's" side. My question: aren't Our 520s antennas on the other side as this one's? Also, aren't 520s front turn signal lenses glass instead of plastic? Are this truck's lenses glass? One other thing: We were discussing a while back the hole in the front bumper for crank start. Look at this one. Man, would I love to get this somehow!!!

I believe the Air Force will transfer one vehicle from japan for you... I dont know about the other branches... HOWEVER, that does not include legallizing it here. That is just the boat ride over. You would have to do a lot of paper work as I am sure you know. or just make it a show truck and give the finger to everyone. I want a few of my friends to bring cars back but most of them are looking at skylines or 300zxTTs ... Not much into the old vehicles.

the old stuff would be a lot easy to register stateside. you could probably get these guys http://www.terra2imports.ca/ to source one for you, then make buddies with someone in canada. Gotta be easier to import from canada.

I think the biggest issue is saftey inspection, I seem to recall something about needing to import 2 and have one crash tested...This would only apply to newer rigs though I think. You could always VIN it as a 411 or something. But that would be cheating and we're not into that

That guy told Me something about pre 1971 vehicles. I have His number somewhere (like I have the $$$ laying around to get something like that now). But anyway, what a trip to have something like that. Experiment for a while on yahoo japan auctions and if You have the time, just put in datsun. There is anywhere from 20 to 30 pages of stuff and some will blow You away!! There is one other idea that I found "googleing" the other day. There are websites that You send, let's say, one hundred dollars that they "hold" for You. You tell them what You want bidded on and they do it, charging a fee for the service. I might try one of them later but I have a helpful source right now helping Me build a Japanese magazine collection. The killer is the shipping. There is one way around that now until February. So who's going in the service to Japan in the Air Force?? LOL!!!

Kiznook, See, that follows along pretty much what Spence Low experienced years ago trying to import (even though His dad OWNED a Datsun dealership) the fourdoors. He intelligently found a loophole and "accidentally" shipped those two trucks back as kingcabs instead of fourdoors!! The fourdoor bodys stayed here and as far as the DMV knew, they were kingcabs still!!!!

Cars over 25 years old don't have to be crash tested to import. But some States won't allow stuff under 35 years old, etc, since the Federal regulations require smog equipment on all cars 1968 and newer.

Going through Canada isn't any easier. There are several Canadian models that aren't allowed in the US, and Canadian cars have to be converted to US spec (speedo and mirrors, mostly). But once again, that only applies to cars under 25 years old for most States. Some States, it's more difficult. Then you have to import into a State that allows it. Once you have a US title, it's easier. That's how folks got Skylines into the US for a while- a couple States didn't bother to verify that they weren't just JDM 240SXs, which an Importer said they were, until the Feds caught on and stopped that. The Skyline is now a forbidden vehicle in the US, except those that already have titles.

520s have plastic lenses. The 520 double in the pic just has badly clouded clear plastic ones.

whereas my 521 has it on the other side... that might have been one of those things that changed for no good reason...

'aholic's already said all the info i know of. i do know that a vehicle that old would be easier to get legalized here than one alot newer. the other thing you could do is get in touch with someone that has a builders license, have it imported directly to them as a non-road going vehicle and then have them work on it, customize it in some ways, do whatever and have it revinned as a new vehicle. that is, if it's too much trouble to just bring it in the normal way.