totaled 620

slam_dat_sun

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

up here where I am...anything older than 1993 will be written off, for a keyed(scratched) paint surface.....broken headlight, or even a minor scuff.....the government wants these "old polluting junkers off the road"

I hit a deer near Long Creek, Oregon, and its rack puctured the radiator of a '76 B210 I once had--I just bought it for $1,899 in 1980 and put a decent sound system and new tires/wheels on it and Farmer's Insurance want to total it. They wanted to give me $1,200 and wouldn't let me take the stereo or go back to stock with the old wheels either. So I paid $500 or so to replace the bumper and the radiator and never went for the $250 deductable policy ever again.

I hit a deer near Long Creek, Oregon, and its rack puctured the radiator of a '76 B210 I once had--I just bought it for $1,899 in 1980 and put a decent sound system and new tires/wheels on it and Farmer's Insurance want to total it. They wanted to give me $1,200 and wouldn't let me take the stereo or go back to stock with the old wheels either. So I paid $500 or so to replace the bumper and the radiator and never went for the $250 deductable policy ever again.

Insurance company's are con artist

haha. I hope I never get my car totaled. The stereo doubles its value, and if I put my bike on the roof rack it doubles again :P

If ya want you can get show car insuance...but it cant be drove much...I got it that I cant put more than 500 miles on it a year.I had it appraised and then turned that into the insurance company...covers everything...I dent a rim ,break a headlight what ever it is they cover it....on the other hand it aint cheap.

If ya want you can get show car insuance...but it cant be drove much...I got it that I cant put more than 500 miles on it a year.I had it appraised and then turned that into the insurance company...covers everything...I dent a rim ,break a headlight what ever it is they cover it....on the other hand it aint cheap.

yeah show car insurance is the way to go