69 and 70 521

bilzbobaggins

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe all 521's are the same front clip - fenders, hoods ..

the doors are the same for 520 and 521

bed is the same for 520 and 521..

does that help ya :rolleyes:

now go get them, we need pic's to...

have a nice day....

http://www.olddatsuns.com/620tech.htm#wd

Download the pdf files in the 521 section. They take a little while to download, but they are definitely worth the time. These will familiarize you with model year interchangeability.

From the truck I'm working on, '68/'69 was the cross over year. The fact that one of them is a 1300 (J series engine) indicates that it's probably a late '68 titled as a '69. The VIN plate decode is pretty simple on these trucks, if you can post photos, or write up what's on those plates, it will help us know what you're working with.

From my experience, the '69 and '70 should be nearly identical in most respects. Is one of the trucks a single headlight setup? If so, it's not a '69 or '70, and it's not a 521. Single headlights were the 520 series, and I think only '66.

Please put your location in your profile?!

Good luck, there are some real truck guru's on here. I'm not one of them...I'm a bit of a hack, but I'm learning..

Just got back at wrapping up the sale!!! I am the proud owner of a 1970 Datsun pl521!!!! Its too dark for photos tho, so ill have to get them tommarow!

Im located in Augusta, GA far from the abundance of parts.

The 69 is a quad headlight pickup. It is at the pick and pull. Im going to try 2 get there in the morning to get parts and ill get the build date.

Its a good story on my purchase. Ive been up for 38 hours now getting all this done so im going to crash.

Thank all of you again.

jeff