AUGUST 30'th - Hella NorCal BBQ Crew Meet #3

WagDatto

I posted this a while back, but can't find it.

I'll post this as a reminder!!

THIS Sunday, starting at 11, will be the big BBQ/Hella NorCal BBQ Crew/Kait's Bday party/car/truck/gathering/meet of the year!!

We're meeting at Folsom City Park

Check out the post on Zilvia for more information!!

DON'T MISS IT!!!

http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-states/263519-hella-norcal-summer-bbq-crew-meet-3-august-30th.html

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home, decided to swing out there again and scout out the best spot for us. If you're coming down Natomas, it leads right by the Folsom City Park. However, the big event center parking lot/area is directly under the sun and... well, literally right next to the Folsom Police Station.

Turn onto Stafford (opposite direction from the Circle K/Folsom City Ink side of Natomas), then turn right at the big sign that says "Folsom City Zoo," just before you hit the speed bumps. This will dump you into a big parking lot adjacent to the Folsom City Library.

PLEASE DRIVE CAREFULLY!! There are a lot of roosters and even peacocks hanging out in the parking lot. Also, we are about a 1/4 mile from the Folsom PD station.

Hmm, does it seem like I have a theme going here? The last park was around the corner from a police station... and this one is too...

YES, it's on purpose. I want to diminish the likelihood of ill-fated decisions. Keep the cocky driving to a minimum, please! I don't want to call up our friends down the road on an event that I organized, but if things got out of hand, I won't hesitate!

We've had a great group of people the past few meets, and zero drama, and I'd like to keep it that way!

In any case, there are NO SPEED BUMPS, the parking lot is set up nicely, lots of parking spaces (assuming Sunday is a slow day for other people to show up besides us), and there's plenty of tables, BBQ pits and shade all around.

I called, and there are NO RESERVATIONS on the big area, so Kait and I will show up possibly before 10 to reserve our portion of it, and try to snag the best spot, but there's plenty of trees for shade and lots of other tables around. We should be fine.

Anybody who's coming, please sign up and commit to bring something! We still have plenty of stuff that needs someone to claim it!! We want this thing to have a great turnout, and we'll need plenty of extras for it all, too. Please poke through the thread on Zilvia to find something that hasn't been signed up for yet!

See you guys in a few days!

Meet is tomorrow! Don't make me the only Datsun guy out there!!!

You won't be the only Datun guy out there....xerox will be there and what about Chris (unless he's already giving up on Datsuns after his emission's issues)? :D

You won't be the only Datun guy out there....xerox will be there and what about Chris (unless he's already giving up on Datsuns after his emission's issues)? :D

Xerox (Kelly) will be a Datsun guy at heart, but it's out of service until the KA swap is done. We found out his LZ is running like 10.5:1 or something compression.

NorCalDime (Chris) will be out of town, sadly! Camping with the family...

The motor WOULD scream if it were tune-able on an LZ. Apparently, you want to keep it below 9.5:1 on those motors. I know nothing about them, just relaying info from the510realm build thread he has.

To finish what I was going to type, we have some people coming that are into Datsuns, but none who are actually DRIVING one, besides me... that I know of!

Oh, wow. Just got home and sat down at the computer. Great crowd out there today!! I honestly think this was our best meet so far.

Kait and I showed up around 9:45 or so, and my brother and our buddy showed up soon after. We were sitting around, at about 10:30 talking and hoping we weren't going to be the only four out there. Soon enough, we heard a few cars making a loop through the typical park entrance, and figured they might be the first cars to arrive. Soon, a parade of RX-7's started flowing into the correct entrance and finding a place to park. Then a group of 240sx's.

There was a pretty steady flow of cars coming in all day. It was a lot of fun having all the shade to ourselves, until it got around food time... My eyes are STILL burning from all the grillin'! Overall, though, I think Jose and I got away with only minor burns and singed hair... maybe a few years off our lives from inhaling smoke and lighter fluid, but we'll be okay!

Sorry the bacon 'dogs didn't turn out as good as I'd hoped!! Without toothpicks, they just weren't staying wrapped....

Anywho, we had a decent show of 240sx's, Maxima's, RX-7's, a Pulsar, a few Supra's, and a few VIP cars (especially Phil's MPV!). Thanks to everyone who showed up and brought food! It's nice knowing you can show up with a buddy, spend 10-15 dollars and get enough food to last you all day! Thanks, too, to anybody who help clean up! You made our lives easier at the end of the day, rather than having litter all over the park to clean up!

My pictures finished uploading, so I guess I'll let them do the talking. If anybody else has any pictures to share, please do! I'd love to see what cars were there that I may have missed when I was cooking to feed you greedy bastards!!

Our mascot: "Pants Chicken"

IMG_1573.jpg

IMG_1572.jpg

Me repping Ratsun.net while trying to blend in with the wildlife:

IMG_1577.jpg

Okay... on to the cars!

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1566.jpg

IMG_1578.jpg

IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_1585.jpg

IMG_1587.jpg

Tisk, tisk, Mark!!

IMG_1588.jpg

IMG_1589.jpg

IMG_1590.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1592.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

IMG_1594.jpg

IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg

IMG_1598.jpg

IMG_1599.jpg

IMG_1600.jpg

IMG_1601.jpg

IMG_1602.jpg

Pulsar - A culmination of great ideas, assembled poorly... So weird, it's kind of neat!

IMG_1603.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg

IMG_1605.jpg

IMG_1607.jpg

The motor WOULD scream if it were tune-able on an LZ. Apparently, you want to keep it below 9.5:1 on those motors. I know nothing about them, just relaying info from the510realm build thread he has.

Tell him 10.5:1 is very tunable thats around what Lisas 510 2.2 lz comp ratio is and I run super in it and have had no issues 6500 redline for the street and I turn it up to 7k when I autocross it. he would have just needed to get it on a dyno and have some one tune it, Troy built the 2.2 and we got dyno numbers of 155whp and 150 wtq.

I dont know anything, like I said, but I think the problem is that it's been bored to a 2.4, using KA pistons at a 10.5:1 compression.

All I know is he's about to try to sell the motor, and we'll be swapping in the KA he picked up a few weeks ago. Then it'll all be gravy anyway!

Oh, by the way, our buddy got some REALLY nice pictures of some of the cars I missed while I was cooking. Here's a link to his post with all his pictures.

http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-states/263519-hella-norcal-summer-bbq-crew-meet-3-august-30th-5.html#post3001295

I was stoked when Chris showed up to say hi and snag some love in the "fitment-mobile," but I was equally stoked when one of the 510 guys from the monthly meet came out! I thought it was wicked cool when he came up and said hi and was blown away by some of the cars. He thought he was coming to an all Datsun meet!!