weber help

Iam running a dcoe 45 on aL20b With a BIG cam. It will idle and rev smooth, But as soon as i put underload it stummbles on its face. My question is what jets would you guy recomend for me to run. I had one guy tell me to get a

165 main

180 air

does this sound right to you guys ??

Thanks

Freaky

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when i first rebuilt my weber on the 73, it would do that. idle nice, rev it without a real load and it was fine. as soon as i put a load on it, she would sputter and die. found out my float level was off. not enough fuel to keep it going while i was driving. adjusted the float and all was good again.

What emulsion tubes are you running? In My Opinion, It's more important for under load drivability than the Mains and AC's. You're hardly on the mains below 3k anyway. And what Accel jet?

iam running the f2 tube it has a 200air and a 140 main as for the accel jet i dont know

when i first rebuilt my weber on the 73, it would do that. idle nice, rev it without a real load and it was fine. as soon as i put a load on it, she would sputter and die. found out my float level was off. not enough fuel to keep it going while i was driving. adjusted the float and all was good again.

i will lookin to that.

thanks

so pulled everything off i could set my timming at full adv and gained about 1000 rpm.

it will rev smooth sounds good can launch at about 2500 then falls all over it self i am lost everything seams to be working right

Help i got a few week untill race time and i would like to have this thing running good

the new jets will be here tomarrow i hope thats the problem

• 2 weeks later...

OKay

I have replaced everything in the ignition. Running a msd box (got it for cheap) a msd SS coil and a Mallory dual point dist. It all has its own power supply. I can launch hard with 3 guys in the car and i get up in the rpms and it stumbles all over then kicks back in why why why it never ran like this before.

what i got and did

Got a Norris cam 300 Dur 511 lift ( it was phlebs and hang510 i think)

closed chamber head completely gone Thru

Eric's old dcoe 45 (Ran great on his car)

Msd 6200 ( IT was cheap lol) ran the same in stock set up too

Msd SS coil (not as cheap as the box lol)

Mallory dual point Dist.( have had it for awhile)

Msd Helli coil wires

put new jet in weber 185/165

everything has new points cap rotor wires you name it i went Thru it lol

Iam lost.

I have tried 3 different dist and the same thing stock or with the box. Actually with the box i got a little better performance out of it. We (mech and i)have the cool guy timing light (you can set you retard and advance and hits on zero pretty cool light (http://buy1.snapon.com/products/diagnostics/time_mt2661ap.asp) any way HELP

Edited by freaky510
I'm not much up on DCOE's, but I'd check fuel pump output and pressure, and the float level. Sounds like you're starving under load. :confused:

Iam adding a electric pump now. will check pressure,and levels again. how much fuel pressure should it be??

did you check the small fuel filter on the weber ? they tend to clog.

yes

are you running any vacuum advance? I think we had talked about that before, but I can't remember.

I don't remember what's in my carb at the moment, I'll have to pop the top off and see.

no vac advance running a curved dist or a mallory anywhere dist (lol) or stock dist. i have tried all 3 :lol:

cool let me know what size just your running

thanks all