weber help

okay the carb has been rebuilt and i have all the rubber parts the problem is at a higher rpm i lose 2 cylinders #2 and#3???

Iam running a separate ing system and eeven with the stock set up the 2 drop out as soon as i put my foot in it now if i baby it i goes fine???

we should chandge the name of this thread to my pos

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what size are your chokes ? 33

what is your fuel pressure ? i dont know he says its getting plenty of fuel, but iam going to get gage on it for myself

what fuel pump are you running ? stock but depending on what my pressure is i have an electric one

tomarrow iam going to try the old jets,if the problem prosits we will then put a 32/36 on it and see if its the carb or a electical problem

Edited by freaky510

I have some redline softmounts you can have for free if you want them. i would sort out your float level first, sounds like no fuel under load also use those spring washers when mounting(i learn't the hard way= broken ears are not much fun. Do you have a fuel pressure regulator, they don't like more than . I think 8-9 mm is the setting for the float level. Let me know about those softmounts. Rory

You say you have 165 main and 180 air...???

Main jet sits on top

Emulsion tube goes under

Air corrector is in the very bottom

I think you might have these numbers backward, in which case, based on my setup, your air correctors are too big. I want to say that 140/f14?/140 is recommended for L20

If my theory on your numbers is correct, you need to downsize your air correctors, and maybe increase your mains.

I guess the real question is if you're experiencing a too-rich, or too-lean situation.

so after reading the weber pages that DISLEXICDIME sent me we have come to the conclusion that this was tuned down to run on a l16:eek:

accoroding to the book i need a bigger choke and diffrent jets.

We got it close,close enough to race :).

so iam on the hunt to find some new jets and chokes.

now according to the book i should be running

180 air

195 main

40mm choke

so where does a guy find these before friday:lol:

but we got it close it quit spuddering we mixed up some new jets and old to get it put it pulls hard all the way to 7100:eek:

my mech says it has more

Edited by freaky510