oil change light on, please help!

Braden

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe the oil PUMP is bad...

if you think you have and oil CHANGE light, you DEFINATELY shouldn't own a datsun!

hahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha my point exactly..

dude its not an oil change light.. its a fuckin no oil pressure light, meaning either your sensor, or your oil pump is bad..

ok well seeing as the truck was made 13 years before i was born and then another 18 years untill i owned it there wasnt exactly AN owners manual, and if someone would learn proper grammar (an not and) i wouldnt have gotten confused, and if it isnt an oil change light then why does it say oil-chg, i dont think chg stands for pressure or sensor, my god it has an egr timer why wouldnt it have an oil timer, there isnt much of a difference

hahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha my point exactly..

dude its not an oil change light.. its a fuckin no oil pressure light, meaning either your sensor, or your oil pump is bad..

My 1978 Honda Accord had a change oil indicator. It wasn't a light though, just a orange thing that showed. It pushed back in with a key.

My Datsun has an oil pressure light. It comes on if a) there is no oil pressure B) the oil sensor is bad or c) the wire is grounded. When you turn to IGN with engine off it should light up, and as soon as you start the engine it should go off.

1977-1978 Datsun 620 has an oil change light, doesn't it?

ok so its not a "change" light, why does it say chg? it was my best guess that the oil light alone would come on if there was a lack of oil or oil pressure, then both lights would light up if it was 3000 miles or 5000 or whatever it was set for, cut me a break guys i havent been on this earth long enough to know that, and the first vehicle i ever owned was a 2004 chevrolet silverado, which hasnt seen much pavement since i got my 620, its too hard to beat the style and the gas mileage of a good ol 620

ok well seeing as the truck was made 13 years before i was born and then another 18 years untill i owned it there wasnt exactly AN owners manual, and if someone would learn proper grammar (an not and) i wouldnt have gotten confused, and if it isnt an oil change light then why does it say oil-chg, i dont think chg stands for pressure or sensor, my god it has an egr timer why wouldnt it have an oil timer, there isnt much of a difference

hahahahahahahahahahahaa

chg is for Charge, thats for your alternator.. hahahahahahha wow, im only 5 years older then u an i can assure you, at your age i'd already changed my own head gasket, rebuilt my own carb, an did a bunch of my own wiring..

i can spell however the fuck i want, this is the interweb, i dont have to be politicly correct or punctual

i wont argue with you about the spelling and yes this is the web but, grammar is taught so people can understand you and if you cant be understood then you might as well be retarted, i can rebuild a carb, change a headgasket or what have you, i rebuilt both my dirtbikes when i was 14, and 5 years of learning is a big difference, think about it its like the difference between a 10th grader and a 5th grader, ive owned my datsun for like what 2.5 maybe 3 months, sorry i havent completely rebuilt it, i guess i will never ever be as good as you :fu::fu::fu:

hahahahahahahahahahahaa

chg is for Charge, thats for your alternator.. hahahahahahha wow, im only 5 years older then u an i can assure you, at your age i'd already changed my own head gasket, rebuilt my own carb, an did a bunch of my own wiring..

i can spell however the fuck i want, this is the interweb, i dont have to be politicly correct or punctual

i wont argue with you about the spelling and yes this is the web but, grammar is taught so people can understand you and if you cant be understood then you might as well be retarted, i can rebuild a carb, change a headgasket or what have you, i rebuilt both my dirtbikes when i was 14, and 5 years of learning is a big difference, think about it its like the difference between a 10th grader and a 5th grader, ive owned my datsun for like what 2.5 maybe 3 months, sorry i havent completely rebuilt it, i guess i will never ever be as good as you :fu::fu::fu:

"I'm practically a pro! MY oil CHANGE light is on, now what?" :blink:

thank you for the tip, i simply misunderstood, it happens

there fixed it for you, didn't know I needed to proof read my forum posts... I just type them up real quick and hit enter... who the fuck cares... I offered you a fucking tip on what your problem could be, next time I'll let you sink
You're right, it is important and it's pretty annoying sometimes how ignorant people can be.

Psst, it's retarded ;)

i never claimed to be a pro, in other vehicles i have been in there was some trick to resetting the oil change light, when two lights of the same color come on right beside each other in a row that says oil-chg, one who had never fucked with that vehicle before might get curious and maybe, just maybe they might ask someone who knows, dont ya think?

"I'm practically a pro! MY oil CHANGE light is on, now what?" :blink: