addco rear sway bar installation for a 620 datsun

motavated

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

gimmme a call tomorrow mang...

I dunno if this is the same setup- but here's the one on my fronty.

http://infamousnissan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4108

it took me a while and some interwebs searches to find the right way (the included instructions were garbage!)

I ended up watching an installation video on the manufacturers website.

OMG! Thanks man but this damn kit has some extra parts and I don't know what the hell they are for. What is it? WTF? I swear I am going crazy... I will post pics tomorrow. I think Bre510 has one in his 620 and Jetskimark on his 521. I swear I don't know what to do and I searched everywere!!!!...

The reason for this craziness Ben is that I am trying to finish my truck for the BBQ man. Here: http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=11381&highlight=swdp+bbq

here are some pics on a 4runner that kind of helps me.

DSC01781.JPG

Awwwww, extra parts are just BONUS parts.... you don't reeealy need em....:D

Just make sure you're all the way fastened to the axle and the end links are solid to the frame with bushes on either side of any metal.

What part # is it? (it works for the 521 too???:eek: gimmme 1!)

and, yeah, get it finished! I'm gonna try to make the bbq too!

Take a look at the pics that I have posted in my background and you can see a pic of a addco bar on my wagon. I may assume the 620 may mount in the same way. Let me know if the pic helps you. I had to drill holes in my frame rail to mount the hardware for th end links to mount to. just make sure you double check and if you mount the bar to test fit. loosely put all things together to make sure it is all lined up before tightening. if not call addco and have them send you instructions.

This is Benzos 510 addco

picture.php?albumid=112&pictureid=519

This is jetskimarks 521 addco

P1000876copy.jpg

online 4runner addco

DSC01781.JPG

Here is Bens hessianben frontier brand hellwig

DSC02728.jpg

DSC02726.jpg

Here is yello620 custom rear swaybay from a Nissan Pathfinder

yello620003.jpg

yello620006.jpg

Build page for the pathfinder to 620 rear sway bar mod. http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=3561&page=4

Now here are mine...

This is the pic of the questionable parts and were they could possibly go.

IMG_6524.jpg

This is there crappy installation guide.

IMG_6525-1.jpg

Thanks for helping me out. I have to mod the brackets and cut some stuff since there craftsmanship on this particular part is C+ work.

So were do those two brackets go?

Edited by Motavated
  • Like 1

This is the pic of the questionable parts and were they could possibly go.

IMG_6524.jpg

This is there crappy installation guide.

IMG_6525-1.jpg

Thanks for helping me out. I have to mod the brackets and cut some stuff since there craftsmanship on this particular part is C+ work.

So were do those two brackets go?

The Addco Kit I got was correct for 521620

Only mod needed was to drill 2 holes

Your diagram for the C bracket looks right

What did you mod on the brackets?

Make sure you move the brake lines away when you install the U-bolt.

You probably know that already.

So it is for a 521? Ohhh your lucky Ben!!!!! I went online and it said only for a 620. Cool!

So it goes like this?

Here is a pic of my problems...

IMG_6536.jpg

Can you post a pic man? Please!!!! I give you a dollar!!! Or some beer or some chili fries...

• Like 1
So it is for a 521? Ohhh your lucky Ben!!!!! I went online and it said only for a 620. Cool!

So it goes like this?

Here is a pic of my problems...

IMG_6536.jpg

Can you post a pic man? Please!!!! I give you a dollar!!! Or some beer or some chili fries...

We did an order a while back

I'm almost sure that it's for 620 but works on 521.

Someone correct me on this if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

I hope I can help explain this for you to understand but if not i can send pics of my bar hardware. the u bolts go over the axles on the backside with the threads facing the back of the car then put the sway bar d brackets and flat base plate on the u bolts and then slide the u shaped metal piece in between so that it rest on the axle over the brake lines. what this piece does is keep the d bracket from crushing the rear brake lines. not the greatest way to mount a bar but it works. Once you loosely mount the bar on the axle set the end links then drill the holes to fit the metal u shaped bolts that you will have to fish through the holes you made so that will mount the end link hardware.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

Yeah you make sense. The metal brake lines are on top and it will rip with out that "spacer" pl521sss had someone preinstall his sway bar he said and with out that spacer, it cut out his brakes. But please submit a pic so I can be sure and so can others. Please and Thanks!

Edited by Motavated

Motavated--Do you have access to a welder? You can eliminate so much of that mickey-mouse bracket hardware from the kit if you use brackets like i did. I used axle saddles for a utility trailer. Went to my local trailer repair shop and paid about $4 each. Angle cut the ends for the look of a cleaner install. Notice that i didnt use a U-bolt at all.

And your u-bolt will squeeze together very easily, possibly even by hand if you try really hard, but a vise will make it easy. They bend way easier than you would think.

Yeah you make sense. The metal brake lines are on top and it will rip with out that "spacer" pl521sss had someone preinstall his sway bar he said and with out that spacer, it cut out his brakes. But please submit a pic so I can be sure and so can others. Please and Thanks!

nah

I did the install myself

What should have been simple install, made it complicated when I cracked the brake line. I kept on re-adjusting it away from the U-bolt so lines does not pass through it. What Benzo is saying is that you could get away with it using the brackets from crushing the brake line.

Didn't felt comfortable with it so I did the other way around on the lines.

Clearly your hardware does not match up if you have to force the U-bolt to fit.

Yo Adam! Sorry I missed your call- I been camping in Big Sur!!

That square-ish bracket looks silly and un-necessary to me....

In my particular install, I had the Ubolt, over the axle, through a metal plate on the back side, and through the bracket with the bar and bushing. I ran the Ubolts UNDER the brake lines. It seemed slightly weird with a flat metal plate against a curved axle housing.... but those things are bulletproof! and after torqued to spec- it wasnt' gonna shift at all!

IMHO, try it without that inner bracket thing- mock it up first, make sure everything lines up... crank it down and mark with soapstone or something on both the axlehousing and the bracket- drive it for a bit and check to see if anything moves. Im no expert on this stuff, but I think sometimes they give us extra stuff just to see what we'll do with it.... :lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ben! Camping you say? Do you hunt????

Well here is were I am at right now. Dont know what the fuck you know. Pretty depressed since I keep hitting so much roadblocks and money is being wasted like a crack addict. Shit! Here is some pics... I made lots of mods and I think it wont fit.... Any more help guys?

Here is how I started.

IMG_6581.jpg

Then I removed the spare and the shocks for more room and move the brakets more to the end.

IMG_6584.jpg

Horrible pics but will have more tomorrow with hopefully more light... What a hassle!

• Like 1

eh

not sure about that sway bar, but all the ones i have seen the ends of the bars pointed to the rear, not the front as you have yours man. Spin it 180 degress from what it is now. should look more like yello620s

Edited by h2theizzo
  • Like 1

I tried that but it hits the diff badly with no movement at all you know? like this it looks like it has like 5 inches of movement before it hits the diff or the frame. This kit sucks.. What a waste of money... If I get it right, I still wont recommend it to nobody. Such a headache.

Want to try it on your 521 Ben?

• Like 1

It seems like I've seen that bar on someone else's truck (same pointed bend style)... it was hung under the bar, with the ends to the back, and connected to the frame behind the rear wheels. it's gotta be that way... I've seen big diesels with the ends toward the front, but they were hung below the axle too... I really can't imagine it being on top like that.

• Like 1

I got to try that tomorrow man. I will also call in the place were I got it. Lets see what they got to say.

Wait... I did try it at the bottom and there is no room. It hits the leaf springs.

I swear i am in a position right now were I just want to get a flamethrower and burn this truck down...

Fuck. so it's wider than the space between the leafs?

DSC02725-1.jpg

the ends should be slightly above the leafs but the end links should be short enough that the won't hit- you could possibly shorten links if need be.

can you position it like this, and take a pic of where it's hitting?

Hang in there man, we'll get this thing sorted.