just baught some subs :fu:

groatd

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe an English book would have been a better purchase for $30. :D

THEY'RE 400w, my truck is going to rattle apart as soon as I put it TOGETHER, lol but I love these subs PERIOD HERE. I BOUGHT BOTH for 30 bucks and they bump so hard PERIOD HERE.

I only say that because one day I might be hiring you at NAPA and if I can't read the application, it's going in the round file! :eek:

i think you should go with the 1000w so you can set the gain and lpf incorrectly and watch those bitches fry, what impedance are they by the way? or do you know what that is?

they can handle 400w, i havent baught the amp yet, but ur right the amp is what matters. i think im going to go with a 1000w amp so i can over power the subs a little bit

lol i know i cant spell im sry.... or sorry :fu:

If you like mobile audio then i thought i would show you my 2 latest installs, My truck (jl audio 500/1v2, 2-jl audio 12w3v3, alpine cda-9883, jl audio wiring, custom sealed enclosure) and my buddies car (jl audio 1000/1v2, 2-jl audio 13w3v3, alpine cda-9884, 5.25 cubic foot ported enclosure tuned to 27.5 hertz, jl audio wiring, tr components) all wiring, box design, box building, basically everyhting was done by myself. havent gotten a chance to demo the grand am and get it tested but i would say its pushing mid to high 150's or more.

on a different note you say you are wanting a 1000 watt amplifier, bad bad idea unless you get a el cheapo amp that isnt a true 1000 watt amp, a true 1000 watt amp will draw atleast 100 amps from your electrical system, i dont think a 30 amp alternator, or your subs could handle it for that matter, and no you cant just turn the input sensitivity (or what you might call gain) all the way down.

IMG_2426.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

box.jpg

i think you should go with the 1000w so you can set the gain and lpf incorrectly and watch those bitches fry, what impedance are they by the way? or do you know what that is?

Its people (assholes) like you who talk shit and cut people down for ideas, projects, items or what ever. If you dont have anything nice to say the try shuttin the F!@# up. I cant stand shit like this on the forum....it really makes people feel bad. Your set up isnt really shit either, and why, because you bought what you could afford and because you got what you wanted to buy. Fuck....my car (project) isnt the best but its mine...I bought it I built it and all you negative cock smokers you always have to put people down make this forum start to suck.

yes a 95 grand am 4 door granny car, system is worth more than the car, and i wasnt trying to be rude or negative but it seems that 99% of people dont have a clue about stereo, they think red wire goes to red and black goes to black, wrong, its not hard but its not rocket science, and buying used speakers is never too bright of an idea to begin with. and judging by the size of his enclosure i would say that whoever built it, built it to simply hold the speakers, instead of building it to permit proper frequency response

Did you say this system is installed in a Grand AM??? And who bought junk?
Edited by ghettobraden

also i was just trying to offer a little bit of constructive criticism, maybe a few tips from someone with audio experience would spark his "project" into a full blown kick ass system :) Now in the best interest of the "forum" lets stop our nagging and let the guy continue with his thread. enough said

groatd,

if you can give me some specs on your speakers such as impedance, size, and model, i can probably help you come up with an enclosure that will maximize their potential and will also help you decide on an ampifier

there 400w, my truck is going to rattle apart as soon as i put it togerhter, lol but i love these subs i baught noth for 30 bucks and they bump so hard :fu::fu::fu:

Photo0958.jpg

and im going to build a box like this one but my shollow

3na3k23pbZZZZZZZZZ97tf45a0271b50014.jpg

Its people (assholes) like you who talk shit and cut people down for ideas, projects, items or what ever. If you dont have anything nice to say the try shuttin the F!@# up. I cant stand shit like this on the forum....it really makes people feel bad. Your set up isnt really shit either, and why, because you bought what you could afford and because you got what you wanted to buy. Fuck....my car (project) isnt the best but its mine...I bought it I built it and all you negative cock smokers you always have to put people down make this forum start to suck.

word

B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b bird bird bird, bird is the word, uh wella bird bird bird bird's the word DON'T YOU KNOW ABOUT THE BIRD?! EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT THE BIRD IS THE WORD! :D

SUUUURRRRRRFFFFFFIIIINNNNN BBBIIIIIIRRRRRDDDD!

B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b bird bird bird, bird is the word, uh wella bird bird bird bird's the word DON'T YOU KNOW ABOUT THE BIRD?! EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT THE BIRD IS THE WORD! :D

SUUUURRRRRRFFFFFFIIIINNNNN BBBIIIIIIRRRRRDDDD!

lol

ding ding ding. winner

With a standard cab Datsun truck you may be limited to just building a thin box to hold the speakers even if it isn't close to optimal.

Of course, I would have looked behind the seats before buying two 12's for such a small truck.

No doubt!

I bought two 8" mid range speakers. I didnt want the dual or triple voice coil speakers because honestly they are crap. So i bought some mid range to put out some bass/mid and tweeters. I have them in two tiny little boxes and they do not fit under the seat, they will sit behind the seat but if i put it forward. Not sure about anyone else, but im only about 6ft and i need all the room i can get for my legs. So one speaker box sits on the passenger floorboard and the other one sits in between the bucket seats I put in. The box between the seats is a tight fit, i have to put the seat forward, set the box in there, then put the seat back to make it fit.

It does ok, i think having no muffler is making it not as loud as it could be.

But, it thumps ok. The speakers are just powered by my stereo at 50watts max per channel. I need to hookup the mids with an amp to reach full potential.

:)lol geez i just wanted to show u guys my subs and look what it tuended into lol, but i know there not the best but the bass hits pretty hard and there only 30 bucks so i didnt want to pass up that deal, and ghettobraden i sent u a pm so we can figure out what i need, thank u every body for standing up for the little guy who spells like 5th grader :rolleyes:

i would of liked to go with 8" but 12" is what i got so i will work with what i got, i still dont have a sweet stero or an amp yet, i have my eye on a kenwood stero with i pod adapter, i belive its 125w 4 channal. is that good? or does it not realy matter cuz if i get a big amp it make up for 125w stero..... i dont know a lot about stero systems i just know i like the bass to hit realy hard and i want these to do that so all tips are welcom just dont fight over it. but thab=nk u to every body for there help