pathfinder replacement

yup. the pathfinder is GONE! traded it for a beast of a TOYOTA. lifted 84 4runner, bobbed (not a fan but this one looks ok), QR78x15 buckshot radial mudders, american racing D hole steelies, 22R with a weber, 5spd. i have been driving it around and damn its fun. i havent gotten everythign with the deal as of yet, but i will be picking the rest up later in the week. i got with it 2 spare open diffs (good for putting lockers in), front diff rebuild kit, and various other cool things. all this for a STOCK pathfinder.

only a few pics for now. i still ahve ot finish the smog delete and a few other minor things but its all good. now on with the peeksurez!!!!!

th_07_27_09015.jpg

th_07_27_09016.jpg

th_07_27_09017.jpg

th_07_27_09018.jpg

th_07_27_09019.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am planning on redoing the top so it goes all the way back. so this one is not gonna be on here long. i will also need to turn the "roll bar" around so my kid can sit in it without hitting his head on it. as for the specs, i have no idea. all i know its its got stock gearing and the rear is welded with a weber 32/36 carb with a trans dapt adapter. nice seup actually. its got some high mileage so i might have to do an oil pump here soon. nothing big. just time consuming and somewhat expencive. but all in all i am very pleased. its a BEAST of a yota.

well looking at some pics of stock 4runners, i have decided to make a partial soft top for it. and maybe a FULL soft top for while i ahve the hardtop off. as for the paint, it was black but now white. oh well. i still ahve to do some stuff and will be doing an assload of work to keep this thing going right. here is the list of what i have to do....

rebuild/reseal front diff

find where the GL is going from the T-Case

install a stereo

fix the heater control light

replace the fenders with fiberglass pre-runner style flaired ones

replace front marker lights

add a drop drag link and/or go high steer

extended brake lines (if not already there, havent looked yet)

a better front bumper (the smittybuilt is kinda tweeked)

off road lights

new H4s (have a rock hole in one, plus i hate diamond cut H4s. they look like ass)

replace the passenger side window regulator

replace teh seats (mine are a little too soft for my likeing)

make 2 soft tops, one full and one half top

reinforce teh "tailgate" as its been cut up a bit

flip the roll bar

finish the smog delete since the weber isn't a smog carb

bleed teh clutch and adjust it if possible

check brakes (formality when getting a new vehicle)

fluid changes (same as above)

rebuild carb (having a small issue with a hot start issue)

adjust the valves (if applicable)

yes it looks like alot of work for a vehicle that i traded a known good, reliable vehicle for. but most if not all this stuff are things i would do anyway for any rig i get. i am still working on my 78 datsun which i have had since april. so its all good.

still got some work to do before i take it wheeling. but that does sound fun! and it WILL do 65 no problem on the freeway. from what i ahve been reading, the SR5s came with 4.10s so that helps a little.

all 84-89 4rnrs/trucks came with 4.10 stock. what you want is 5.29's. that will bring you back to stock gearing with 35" and bigger tires

yeah. stock steering for now. soon enough though it will have crossover with hydro assist.

and why does everything have to happen on saturday??? that is the one day of the week whe.n evrything happens.

Edited by moparvwfreak

so that way when you break your shit you have sunday to get it home and relax so you can go to work monday.. thats why sat. :fu:

4:56/4:88 is where its at, forget about POS 5:29's.... i have one thats welded im giving away.. i have broken 2 5:29's now..and one on the street..they are not worth a damn.. all the buggy guys i know with yota running gear run 4:88's but good luck finding them... turbo trucks only(i believe) :(

im just dealing with my lack of gear problem the best way possible.. ditching the pile of ass toyota motor for a built 5.0L and a built C4 trans... :lol::D

btw, thats why i havent gone wheeling with you yet redeye, my motor is going through 2qt's of oil every tank and doesnt like to idle when its warm...oh and at 298k miles and NO internal work on the factory 22r its starting to get a little low-end knock...;)

Lovin the runner mark, you just need to do some little stuff and she's ready to harm some inoscent folliage..:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

well i took it out last week so i could see how well it would do off road. well i didn't do to much but i found out i cant flex it to much. i need a longer front drive line. but otherwise it seems like it might work out ok off road.

so heres some pics i took while i was out.

th_Picture001.jpg

th_Picture002.jpg

th_Picture003.jpg

th_Picture004.jpg

th_Picture006.jpg

th_Picture007.jpg

th_Picture008.jpg

if by manning up you mean get teh $$ to replace it, then yes. and i just talked to the PO and he said the front springs were off a yota but hes unsure what year. so i dunno. they seem to long. so we shall see what happens.