timing chain cover

im looking for a timing chain cover for a 1977 620 L20B. cracked mine when trying to remove it and its the only thing keeping me from finishing my rebuild. hope you can help

TIA

datsunparts018.jpg

datsunparts017.jpg

this isnt mine but im pritty sure it looks like this one

DV

Edited by Apollo77
for pix
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its a typo, there were no 720's in 78.

the 720's started in 80 and they were the only year with the L20...

edit: what I meant was the L20 was used in the 1980 720 only and it was the last year the L20 was used.

Thanks for clearing that up Mike....

Edited by 420n620
lack of sleep and forgot to engage brain before typing. lol

The L20B motor was used in the '75 through '79 620 truck and in the '80 (first year only) 720 truck. After '80 the Z22/24 and the SD diesels were used. Only the '80 720 timing cover will fit your L20B.

L20B and Z22 timing covers showing the top surface that seals against the head gasket.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/L%20Z%20Heads%20and%20Motors/LZtimingcovers001Large.jpg[/img]"]LZtimingcovers001Large.jpg

• Like 1

I have the bottom ones in the picture (L20B). To clear up my typo, I have a complete 78 620 L20B that that I am parting and I also have a complete 80 720 L20B that I am not parting at this time. Sorry for the confusion.

Does your head have the place for the 2 bolts that go down into the right & left side of the timing cover?

Also if Mike or somone closer has a timing cover please do not feel obligated to purchase mine. If it is right and you need it then it is yours.

Edited by Charlie69
added info
im looking for a timing chain cover for a 1977 620 L20B. cracked mine when trying to remove it and its the only thing keeping me from finishing my rebuild. hope you can help

Lower right corner behind the oil pump?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.