510 wheel fitment question

alright, alright i got myself a 510, not feeling the rims and its time to upgrade. I have been searching and searching and am having trouble finding a thread or post that tells me a good size wheel to throw on my dime. I am looking to get a good fitment no sunken battleships and i dont want to have like a 10 inch wide wheel either. I want something somewhat flush but do not want to buy flares & my fenders are already rolled. If it matters i have 5x114.3 :D & its a coupe. thanks! help a brotha out! these are what im getting

t_6360_02.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15x7 +0 will give you an easy fit under rolled fenders with little camber and decent rubber.

15x7.5 +0 will give you a better look, but you might need more camber and light stretch on tires.

Honestly, a lot of it comes down to how low you are, how much of a stretch you go with, how much camber you run, how much of a pull you have.... There's too many factors going into this.

Here's fitment on my car with 15x7 -12 (same as 15x7.5 +0) At the time, I had a roll/pull from a baseball bat, nothing too crazy. I had 280zx struts with camber plates, too.

Rear:

02-09-08_1725.jpg

02-09-08_1726.jpg

Front:

1.jpg

5.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Also, since it's a wagon, I cannot run ANY camber in the back. Up front, I have -3.5* camber at full adjustment.

alright, alright i got myself a 510, not feeling the rims and its time to upgrade. I have been searching and searching and am having trouble finding a thread or post that tells me a good size wheel to throw on my dime. I am looking to get a good fitment no sunken battleships and i dont want to have like a 10 inch wide wheel either. I want something somewhat flush but do not want to buy flares & my fenders are already rolled. If it matters i have 5x114.3 :D & its a coupe. thanks! help a brotha out! these are what im getting

Pics of the car please, not a lot of actual Bluebird Coupes in the states.

What struts? what brakes? any unique suspension mods? What hubs are you using for the 5 lug swap?

its not a bluebird its just a regular coupe. The car has r32 brakes koni setup up with 280 struts. I dont want any sportmax's or knockoff rims really. That did help though i appreciate it, i am probably going to go with 15x 7.5 0 or - 5 or seomthing just cus i want it flush and slightly stretching the wheels isnt a problem. ill post pics really soon its a real solid car.

Do you have camber plates up front? 15x7.5 -5 might be an issue up front. Even at full camber (3.5* negative) at my OLD ride height, I would rub fender under full lock. I could have stretched it slightly, but at my ride height now, there would be no way. How low are you? Post pictures!

Coupe=JDM slant-roof

Sedan=USDM 2 door/4 door

Estate=Wagon

If you're looking for pure limit, go 15x7.5 +0 with a 195/50 tire stretched on it. I believe I'm running 205's, but 195's would be tits on my 7's.

What kind of motor are you running? Why do you need so much wheel? 7's would probably be a better choice.

• 3 weeks later...

That's not a Coupe, it's a 2-dr Sedan with a roof rack. In Datsun terminology the Coupe is a hatchback. Which was never available here in the US, though many were imported later.

What the heck are "sunken battleships" in tire terms?

Anyhow, since the car is already somewhat modified, the only real way to find what you need is to experiment down at the tire store, or break out the tape and start measuring. Bone stock is easy to say what will fit, but each customization is by nature unique, and changes what will and won't fit. So unless someone else has EXCACTLY the same setup as yours, anything else is a guess.

Rear:

02-09-08_1725.jpg

02-09-08_1726.jpg

Front:

1.jpg

5.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

should of left the stock fenders.... those bre fenders just killed the wagon man.... get some stocks it looked way better... wagons or any 510 looks like shit with flares idc what you say.... ive seen few look nice most where custom one off hand made shit from metal, none where wagons

should of left the stock fenders.... those bre fenders just killed the wagon man.... get some stocks it looked way better... wagons or any 510 looks like shit with flares idc what you say.... ive seen few look nice most where custom one off hand made shit from metal, none where wagons

Kinda brutal there bro. :eek:

oh then you would hate the car now its the boso 510 goon personally i think its bad ass but to each there own its his car let him do as he pleases

• 3 weeks later...

YAWWWNNNNNNN....

IMG_1502.jpg

It's my car, and I love the look of it. As far as response to it, a LOT of people like the look, too, but that's not really what I'm going for.

Soon enough, the rear doors will have sheet metal flares rivetted over them anyway, and I'll probably be re-doing the front fenders with sheet metal flares too. As it sits, the rear has been flared to the point of putting a small flare into the rear door to get it to close again!

You're entitled to your own opinion, but I think you're in the minority on the way you feel. I think back then when the car wasn't painted, the stock fenders looked fine, but with the stance, the paint and the style, the flared front fits right in.

EDIT: From seeing pictures of your cars (assuming the yellow/red ones are yours?), and the comment on ka-510's green 2 door, you obviously like the stock body, clean, show-quality look. My car isn't any of that. You'll probably never like my car. I'm okay with that.

Edited by WagDatto

I personally think 4doors and wagons look BETTER with flares. Been mocking up the rear on my 4 door. I cant wait to run some x9 rims with some r888 tires. Post turbo I KNOW Im gonna need that rubber on the ground to get moving when Im mashing on the car.

YAWWWNNNNNNN....

IMG_1502.jpg

It's my car, and I love the look of it. As far as response to it, a LOT of people like the look, too, but that's not really what I'm going for.

Soon enough, the rear doors will have sheet metal flares rivetted over them anyway, and I'll probably be re-doing the front fenders with sheet metal flares too. As it sits, the rear has been flared to the point of putting a small flare into the rear door to get it to close again!

You're entitled to your own opinion, but I think you're in the minority on the way you feel. I think back then when the car wasn't painted, the stock fenders looked fine, but with the stance, the paint and the style, the flared front fits right in.

EDIT: From seeing pictures of your cars (assuming the yellow/red ones are yours?), and the comment on ka-510's green 2 door, you obviously like the stock body, clean, show-quality look. My car isn't any of that. You'll probably never like my car. I'm okay with that.

+1

Boso goon is rachels butt and capt'n approved~!

I personally think 4doors and wagons look BETTER with flares. Been mocking up the rear on my 4 door. I cant wait to run some x9 rims with some r888 tires. Post turbo I KNOW Im gonna need that rubber on the ground to get moving when Im mashing on the car.

Same issue I'll be having when I supercharge the 'Goon. Nice thing is that when the suspension is all dialed in, and I'm running x8.5" or x9" wheels, I have ZERO camber in the rear.. all that meat is on the ground!!