Anyone ever ship big items from Asia?

Just wanted to know how that worked out for them. I plan to ship some wheels from Indonesia and apparently it will take about 3 months to get here. I was just wondering if there is way to track this? Do they ship to my door or do I have to pick this up at the port? Will I need to pay a customs fee or something? Anything else you can think of??? :confused:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sweet wheels bro. I was going to inquire about them myself but I saw that you were pretty serious about them. GL , hope everything works out for you. :cool:

:D Thanks! Can't wait to get them!

So apparently these will ship directly to my doorstep! Awesome... 3 month wait? Not so awesome!

:D Thanks! Can't wait to get them!

So apparently these will ship directly to my doorstep! Awesome... 3 month wait? Not so awesome!

I think it all depends on customs how long it will take i have ordered a few things grill and tail lights from japan it took about 3-4 weeks to get them i think they may say 3 months so your not calling them every week

That would be sweet if it only takes a few weeks. But I think it's delivered by boat... so it may take a couple +1 months...

i talked to the "professor" today and he said that kuhn bob had his furniture shipped from thailand and it didn't take all too long. the freight consolidation co. sold cargo space by the sq. meter and it was a good price and it took about six or seven weeks. if the container or vessel loads up quickly enough it could be shorter! the pick up was easy as well, as the consolidation co. took care of customs taxes and tariffs. btw don't take yer eyes off your wagon once ya git 'em as i have a wheel abuse and dependency problem:D

cheers

Not sure what the laws are in the US in regards to customs/tax etc.

But in Australia, if you mark them as a gift and the value is under $1000 you avoid paying taxes.

I've shipped stuff from China via sea, the shipping is cheap (12 car seats for $70 US dollars to Australia), but then I had to pay customs, freight forwarding, GST etc.

I brought over some mugen wheels years back but the place was in Japan and it was very secure and I wired money to them and in about 2 weeks they showed up at a different area at the airport. I had to go to customs and clear the paperwork and I don't remember paying fees but just took a while to get clear the paperwork. Once it did they told me to wait on the tarmac and a forklift came with the wheels. normally some places may say 3- 4 weeks as they may be sending it by boat and it takes a bit to fill the container and a while to clear customs and believe you have to go and pick them up at the port. I don't believe it will come to your door. That would probably cost a lot more. as for way to track it not sure. Did you wire money?