SR20 Help in Everett, WA

Hello. I was advised that there are some dimers that frequent this here board that know their way around an SR20 swap. I am in the earlier stages of my swap, having just installed my Datsport conversion kit, but if there are some locals near me I'd love to hook up and see whats what.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you the dude that was selling the carbs? I work at a buddies up in Everett on Datto's, if you want to stop by we could give you a run down on what we do.

Yep that was me. I sold those already. Where do you work at? I sold my Dogleg to a dimer named Daryl, he told me there were some fellas not far from my house that work on Datsuns. I had no Idea.

Non-Turbo. Actually the guy I was going to buy from in Sacramento sold his last swap and won't have more for 3 weeks. I'm ready to buy and get installing. You know of anyone with a DE to move?

look online, there's s13/14 de's forsale all the time..

Yeah, I know. I see them all the time, but I need the full swap with tranny, harness and ecu as well. I don't see those much except for the JDM engine sellers. So, if anyone on here had one to get rid of I'd like to know.

but I need the full swap with tranny

You much be rich?

I'm not rich but I'm pretending I am lately. Between the Datsport SR kit, and the engine swap, thats a ton of dough. The next big purchase was going to be Ermish's Wilwood kit, but thats a ways off I think.

sure hope you don't get assistance with an SR swap only to try to sell the car 6 months later for ten grand

I'm 29 years old. It's my first car. I've owned it for 11 years, 8 of which the engine was blown. I've been biding my time until now. I finally have the resources to get my baby back on the road.

She's not going anywhere. Ever.

thats good to hear, dont get bleach wrong he's got good intent.. we've seen icehouse an others help people time an time again just to have them turn around an sell it :( its sad.. but sounds like you'll be keepin her a good long time, what do u think about an rb swap, theres on on http://www.tigerautoparts.com for 900.. not sure how much shipping is.. but it has engine, trans, ecu, harness, complete engine turbo an everything!

http://www.tigerautoparts.com/details.php?id=1694

thats good to hear, dont get bleach wrong he's got good intent.. we've seen icehouse an others help people time an time again just to have them turn around an sell it :( its sad.. but sounds like you'll be keepin her a good long time, what do u think about an rb swap, theres on on http://www.tigerautoparts.com for 900.. not sure how much shipping is.. but it has engine, trans, ecu, harness, complete engine turbo an everything!

http://www.tigerautoparts.com/details.php?id=1694

I understand. I don't hold any ill towards him or anyone. I realize now that may have come off a little abrupt. Unfortunately though, I know that stuff happens.

That RB looks like a sweet deal, I think though the RB takes some more cutting and I already have the Datsport swap kit installed. Besides, I've wanted to do an SR swap for quite a few years. Back in 99 a friend of mine, Ricky, had a sweet, super clean, Orange 4 door on 16" chrome 5 spokes. We used to run around Bellevue and Kirkland where we lived. He got the bug to do a VG and kinda got me goin on about that too. We went out to Dave Carroll's a few times and checked out what he had goin on. I even bought one of Daves Griffin radiators. Anyways, I got to the point that I didn't want the vg. I liked that the 510 came from the factory with a 4 cylinder and I wanted to stay true to the original with a late-model twist. And, fuel injection.

yea, well what are you lookin to spend, so if i see anything i can hit u up

Most of the DE swaps I've found are right around a grand. I'm good with that. I was gonna buy from a guy in Sacramento but he sold his last one on Friday. He won't get more for 3 weeks. I was planning on having the engine this week and just get it installed/bolted in place. I'm putting her on a trailer and taking it with me on a road trip to Huntington Beach next month. My friend owns a race prep shop down there and is gonna fab up the exhaust for me.

Now, unless I find something local, I'll just pick it up from the dude in Sac-town on the way and install it down there. By that time, he'll have more in stock.

I found a really clean swap in Montreal at Best of JDM but he wants $450 to ship.

My homie's shop:

http://www.bbiautosport.com

Google BBi Autosport and see some of the stuff they can do.

ya man shipping is gonna kill ya, honestly its prolly best to just wait.. i mean if you already have the motor mounts an crap its gonna be a pretty straight forward swap.. might have to make room in tranny tunnel, im not sure... but im sure if u spend some time with jeff he'll have some answers for ya :)

since you've already waited so long, whats another little while.. im all to familiar with the waiting game, i did a sr20ve swap on my sentra se-r and even tho the engine bolted in cause it already comes with a sr20De it was still a pain, had to wait on an oil pan, and a pick up tube, had to do this an do that.. i've spent 2500 or more just doin the ve swap, that doesnt include the price of car or previous engine swap lmao.

its best to do things right the first time :)

A couple of questions for you guys that have done this swap before. I'm trying to get my ducks in a row.

1. What fuel pump do you guys run?

2. Do you have to relocate the brake line block on the firewall?

3. Do you add extra support to the crossmember for strength?

I'll have more ?'s later I'm sure.

Thanks.