hello people

Hello,

Just signed up, was told about to come aboard the other day after announcing that I was buying a 510. Im on Hybridz.

I just bought one of my dream cars, a 510 2door sedan 72'. Pretty new to the 510 except help putting sr dropping rear in waggon. I have alot of plans for the car, complete resto; with some shaved areas, fj20 with side draft, have already sourced the motor swap, upgraded braking/steering system, lowering and sourcing a dif. front end.

Will make a wtb thread for things I'll need soon but if you have something specific to the 510 2 door sedan shoot over a p/m to me.

Well if you read my intro thanx for you're time

Edited by The love of JDM
clairifaction on type of body style, thanx slodat
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rule one... you must post pictures of your ride.

Rule two... you must post pictures of your ride.

Also helps if you fill out your profile with your general location and a few specifics about your car so it can be referred to by readers every time you post. Welcome to Ratsun

Welcome aboard.

No pics = it didn't happen. :D

Thank you for the welcome, Im feeling the love around here :P

Your learning quickly that we like pics. We don't care if it's a rust bucket, or if it is indeed the ugliest car on the planet......we still like to see pics.

HAHA wow... ok ok ok, you convinced me

I didnt want to post up anything untill I had at least the complete back end down to bare metal but heres where I started with and where it is since 630am today.

Hope you like the progress so far, only been two days of owning and only 3hrs of work into it thus far.

P1070358.jpg

P1070361.jpg

Edited by The love of JDM
These are the kind of pics we love here man!!! It is all about the journey at Ratsun!!!!

A hearty welcome to you!

Thank you much

Welcome

Where on the east coast?

Thank you for the welcome, Im in the South East region

FYI, your car is a 2 door sedan. Coupes are a very different animal.

Oh I did not know that. Thank you for the clairifaction, I should change my first post then :)

The Ratsun Gods are pleased with your picture offerings.

In the eyes of most people, the 2dr 510 is indeed a coupe, and technically speaking, it also is. But, Datsun offered a 2 door sedan that was actually named a "Coupe", hence the discrepency here. Google Datsun Bluebird Coupe and you'll see the difference.

The Ratsun Gods are pleased with your picture offerings.

In the eyes of most people, the 2dr 510 is indeed a coupe, and technically speaking, it also is. But, Datsun offered a 2 door sedan that was actually named a "Coupe", hence the discrepency here. Google Datsun Bluebird Coupe and you'll see the difference.

:D I see what you are saying, Im glad you cleared that up. Im more aware of the 240z and 280z Fairlady, as listed in my sig. line.

I see an old South Carolina plate on that 510. Might you be anywhere near charleston?

Nah it was just registered there, last time actually was in 84' and then some how it got into the fields of south GA. Interesting FACT is I found a Marryland pin (un-sure ATM) in the lower pinch weld of the passenger door.

So needless to say, shes been around the block a time or two :o

Whats up Ryan, thanx for sending me this way :D Give me a call if you are free today

No prob. Sorry, though... busy weekend. Hopefully I'll have some free time next weekend. hopefully:(

Cool pics... how many projects does this make for you?

No prob. Sorry, though... busy weekend. Hopefully I'll have some free time next weekend. hopefully:(

Cool pics... how many projects does this make for you?

No prob. Ummm I dont want to take count :lol:

Heres a pic kinda hard to see but this is the pin that was in the bottom of pinch weld of the passenger door. Says Baltimore Marryland... Anyone know what its for?

P1070365.jpg

Hello,

Just signed up, was told about to come aboard the other day after announcing that I was buying a 510. Im on Hybridz.

I just bought one of my dream cars, a 510 2door sedan 72'. Pretty new to the 510 except help putting sr dropping rear in waggon. I have alot of plans for the car, complete resto; with some shaved areas, fj20 with side draft, have already sourced the motor swap, upgraded braking/steering system, lowering and sourcing a dif. front end.

Will make a wtb thread for things I'll need soon but if you have something specific to the 510 2 door sedan shoot over a p/m to me.

Well if you read my intro thanx for you're time

Dude, post the pics ASAP or you to will feel the wrath of the "RULES" You will be shunned, nay, ostrasized if you fail.

No prob. Ummm I dont want to take count :lol:

Heres a pic kinda hard to see but this is the pin that was in the bottom of pinch weld of the passenger door. Says Baltimore Marryland... Anyone know what its for?

P1070365.jpg

He has the pin. He is the chosen one.