Independent rear axle

Ok I'M feeling froggy so my question is what Datsun's had independent rear axles.Why I think Im gonna do it on mine so I get negative camber in the rear and it will clear the bed roll.Ive done some measuring and I might can do 20in rims on the whole truck if I can get that negative camber in the rear.For the front Im gonna build some tubular A arms.I dunno this is crossing my mind and I think it would be insane to try it but the measurements tell me it can be done.

Any help Id appreciate.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats alot of work to do this. Havent seen one ever in real life.

You must be rich with alot of time on your hands? and like Jeff Spicoli's father(Fast Times at Ridgemont High). Have a Awesome set of tools

Nah Im far from rich. I do have alot of times on my hands and think up crazy shit to do I just like to push bounderies especally when someone says "There is no way to do that".....as for tools...I need to post my tools up on here...yall might like what I have.

Asking which ones that had IRS from the factory?

68-73 510s EXCLUDING Wagons.

73-76 610s EXCLUDING Wagons

Some 810s

All 240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 280ZX.

Thank you sir.....I have been doing everything on this truck with only Datsun parts...I dont wanna change that. I kinda like having a DATSUN and dont wanna change the soul of that.

thats alot of work to do this. Havent seen one ever in real life.

You must be rich with alot of time on your hands? and like Jeff Spicoli's father(Fast Times at Ridgemont High). Have a Awesome set of tools

IRS's in the minitruck world are very common.

22200891902PM79261.jpg

626200651735PM76131.jpg

Drop%20Zone%2007%20130%20(Small).jpg

Negative camber looks... well it looks like the owner did a poor job. Have your solid axle shortened for a much better look and way less bother.

Well I have thought about that too but I kinda need the negative camber so the tire will slide up under that lip in the bed....and Im not gonna cut the bed so the rim can come out....its possible to narrow the rear end I just dont know if I can get enough inset in the wheel to make it fit a rim that size.Either way I gotta build a new rear clip.