Wagoon race car project

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is the closing chapter on the Race Wagoon. I raced the hell out of it for three seasons: 18 full race weekends and five track-day wknds, no DNFs, only one Black Flag (for gear oil smoking as is came out of my breather bottle). My finale was last weekend at Buttonwillow Raceway, qualified on the pole and finished second to Troy Ermish in both the race and the 2013 Trans Am/B-Sedan West Series. The wagon has been sold to a fellow Datsun Wagon nut who plans on tracking it this year, and hopefully joining us next year for some competition racing.

I did have a few upgrades since I stopped posting last year: a new L20b race motor and a new close-ratio race trans that were faster AND finikier, but mostly just tires, brake pads, and fluid changes. I'll be racing a Formula Ford for a while, but plan on a 710 race car build in the not too distant future (I've raced a Roadster, a 240Z, and 510, so why not a 710?). Thanks for all the input and support, and hopefully the new owner will be a Ratsun regular as well. 

Here's the link to my personal blog with pics and videos from all my race weekends and the full Race Wagoon build - www.RacingOnTheCheap.com

Wagon-cali1-Small.jpg

Picture from last season's Fall race at Willow Springs.