Wagoon race car project

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

very nice! I'm partial to the -x7's with 225's! Is there a large/noticable grip difference running the 205's versus the 225's? (presuming you are using the same type/compound of tires)

Really nice work here, and thanks for showing us the excellent pics of the wagon flaring process - which would work with a 4-door sedan too, I presume.

Thanks guys, its been a long road, but the Race Wagon is just about ready to go racing at Buttonwillow next weekend. And don't worry, she looks good from 10 feet, but up close you see the real truth. Kind of like beer goggles at closing time...

It went on the scales yesterday and goes on the dyno next week. Racers will always lie about these figures anyways, so you can't expect me to tell you the truth for free, now do you? Lets just say less than 2000#, and more than 150 hp ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Thankfully this concludes the "build" phase of the Race Wagon, and now begins the racing and improving phase. My Lil' Red Wagon made its debut at Buttonwillow Raceway this weekend, and did great. No leaks, no breakages, it ran hard and fast, handled great, and I drove it on the trailer at the end of a three day flog.

2010-09-12-023-Small.jpg

Here's a shot for the Goon Squad.

2010-09-12-015-Small.jpg

• Like 1

Thankfully this concludes the "build" phase of the Race Wagon, and now begins the racing and improving phase. My Lil' Red Wagon made its debut at Buttonwillow Raceway this weekend, and did great. No leaks, no breakages, it ran hard and fast, handled great, and I drove it on the trailer at the end of a three day flog.

2010-09-12-023-Small.jpg

Here's a shot for the Goon Squad.

2010-09-12-015-Small.jpg

REPRESENTIN HUH ??..lol...looks SWEEEETTT... :D

Those are Diamonds, loaners from a friend.

We were running Buttonwillow config CW25, 2.9 miles, the whole track including the Star Mazda turn at the end of the back straightaway, got down to 2:12. My class was GTL which is the old BSM, a part of B Sedan.

And yeah, we're 'representin'

http://www.racingonthecheap.com/best-weekend-ever/