front/rear disc brake brackets V.3

BEEBANI

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just did some research for parts and prices. With everything purchased i.e> calipers,rotors, brackets for front and rear It would be roughly around $934:eek::confused: . Thats what i got from going to kragen and autozone . Rockauto is cheaper but you cant get the perks of location and quick replacement incase of warranty issues. They rape you on the cores :mad:! I will probably do it anyway since im have issues but can someone sell me on this conversion . I dont wanna feel robbed is it really worth a $G$ ? :blink::blink: Im gonna install it in my (hopefully) daily driver 320

I just did some research for parts and prices. With everything purchased i.e> calipers,rotors, brackets for front and rear It would be roughly around $934:eek::confused: . Thats what i got from going to kragen and autozone . Rockauto is cheaper but you cant get the perks of location and quick replacement incase of warranty issues. They rape you on the cores :mad:! I will probably do it anyway since im have issues but can someone sell me on this conversion . I dont wanna feel robbed is it really worth a $G$ ? :blink::blink: Im gonna install it in my (hopefully) daily driver 320

if you can do your own drum brakes everytime you need to get to them then i would say you dont have to do it but then again its harder to find those parts than it is to find newer parts, i would also like to add, i dont have any clue and honestly dont wanna work on my own breaks for safety reasons so i take it to the shop and got rapped 500$ for it so yeah for me it would be worth it, easier to work on and looks nicer not only that why wouldnt you want disks on your daily driver:D

Even the best working front drum brakes will NEVER stop as good as Properly working disc brakes. My life is worth way more than the $934.

I converted the front of my 620 and it is an amazing improvement. That is where the biggest improvement will come from. Rears will get done when they need anything expensive replaced. Money better spent on disc parts.

I really hated the need to readjust the drum brakes every oil change. And the discs always stop straight, unlike drums that randomly pull to one side, and you never know which side.

if you where smart you would go to your local U-pull it and get the brake caliper, lines, rotors, etc. off a car there it would save you a bunch of money...

if you where smart you would go to your local U-pull it and get the brake caliper, lines, rotors, etc. off a car there it would save you a bunch of money...

I took your advice and got "smart" . I found a whole lot of Isuzu's i can use parts from . The only thing i could not find was nissan 4wd calipers. I will go back tomorrow to finish pulling rotors . Is anyone interest in installing disc brakes? If any one in SoCal wants to they can go check at the ontario pickapart on miliken. All In all it will be $130 for complete front and back setup:D:D:lol: minus the warranty and brackets , still gotta find front calipers. WAAAAYY better than the $900+ for new parts:fu::fu::lol::lol:

Beebani, any plans to do anything similar with the custom UCAs you also make? Probly not worth doing tbh given the application, but thought id ask. When I eventually get around to em, I was planning on gettin em powdercoated locally to match other pieces anyway.

Has anyone used these yet? From the pics it looks like the bearing seal isn't going to work. Do you use smaller wheel bearings to get the hub to tighten up? It just looks like it won't work to me. Anybody have pics of them installed and working without serious wheel bearing play?

Has anyone used these yet? From the pics it looks like the bearing seal isn't going to work. Do you use smaller wheel bearings to get the hub to tighten up? It just looks like it won't work to me. Anybody have pics of them installed and working without serious wheel bearing play?

Yes, there's a good 30-40 sets out there working. How do you see an issue with the bearings? The plate is nowhere near the plate.

When is jesus coming to canby with the brackets or does jesus lives in canby? Let me know!!!!!

lol :D

Jesus Lives! In Canby! :lol:

(not sure where jesusno2 lives but that cracked me up) :)

Yes, there's a good 30-40 sets out there working. How do you see an issue with the bearings? The plate is nowhere near the plate.

The plate is covering the area where the grease seal is suppose to seal on. Are you guys not using seals anymore? What is up?

Edited by 5tinguy
The plate is covering the area where the grease seal is suppose to seal on. Are you guys not using seals anymore? What is up?

Maybe you should take a closer look at your hubs, the seal does not ride on that area of the spindle. The seal is flush with the back of the hub. Stock, these have a 1/8"-3/16" thick plate that mounts to the spindle as well as a sheet metal dust shield....very close to the same thickness as my brackets.

This isn't my first rodeo fella, but thanks for the exercise.:D

Maybe you should take a closer look at your hubs, the seal does not ride on that area of the spindle. The seal is flush with the back of the hub. Stock, these have a 1/8"-3/16" thick plate that mounts to the spindle as well as a sheet metal dust shield....very close to the same thickness as my brackets.

Alright cool, I will look at this next time I have my drums off. If this is correct then I'll be buying a set of these brackets. -Because disc brakes would be soooooo nice.

Maybe you should take a closer look at your hubs' date=' the seal does not ride on that area of the spindle. The seal is flush with the back of the hub. Stock, these have a 1/8"-3/16" thick plate that mounts to the spindle as well as a sheet metal dust shield....very close to the same thickness as my brackets.

Alright cool, I will look at this next time I have my drums off. If this is correct then I'll be buying a set of these brackets. -Because disc brakes would be soooooo nice.[/quote']

trust me bro, it will be like a whole new truck :D