A better cupholder idea for a Datsun 620

motavated

What you need to do is find a 1997-1999 Ford Windstar in the yard and pull out the rear cup holder from the rear passenger drivers side. It would look like this.

IMG_6347.jpg

IMG_6348.jpg

IMG_6351.jpg

Next remove the 620's ashtray and test fit that new Ford cupholder. Its a tight fit! But you can probably sand it down.

Next you can do two things.

Either you just make two holes in the plastic shown here and just screw it in place. Pray that it holds your 42 ounce drink in place and hope that you don't damage your dash.

IMG_6349.jpg

ORRRRR!!! Build this custom bracket using the stock Datsun holes and not damage anything. It can be removed later with out damaging anything so you can reuse your stock 620 ash tray. Made out of metal or aluminum?

Untitled-10.jpg

YAY!!!!!!

NOTE: THIS IS MY IDEA. ANYONE CAN USE IT. BUT YOU BETTER NOT PROFIT FROM IT!!!!! ALSO I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU FUCK UP YOUR DASH BECAUSE OF ANYTHING!!!! THIS IS JUST MY IDEA....

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

It cant hold big bottles. But it can hold a .5L water bottle or a little sody can. Not bad! But I wont be doing it, but it can be done!!!! I need the ash try for my mp3 player... OR!!!! I can.... Yes.... That is what I will DO!!!! YES! :cool:

Guest DatsuNoob
It cant hold big bottles. But it can hold a .5L water bottle or a little sody can. Not bad! But I wont be doing it, but it can be done!!!! I need the ash try for my mp3 player... OR!!!! I can.... Yes.... That is what I will DO!!!! YES! :cool:

I was j/k, it's a pretty creative idea actually. I'd like to see a functional prototype :)

• Like 1

Not too familiar with the setup of a 620 dash... but have any of you tried the cupholders from a taurus? They fit perfectly in a double din setup. If you're going to be making custom bracketry (or not having/relocating the radio) I'd say the taurus cupholder is a better idea. Holds 2 cups and has a coin tray too! Or the prizm cupholder, which is only the cupholder portion, could work I spose.

The windstar I believe has that some one. But the 620 has no room. I am looking currently at the 4runner cupholders. If your 620 has center tray or use one from a 720.

DSC01901.jpg

008db413.jpg

Use that two hole cup holder from a 1990/1995 4runner and make a hole in the center tray and bolt in on. Slides in and out so it wont take away room. :D

• 2 months later...

tranquilharmony

I see what you did there. It looks nice but I would of just used spacers and stuff. I dont care if it looks ugly to me by not sitting flush. I just want a cup holder you know. When a car show hits, I could take just take it off and install the ash tray back with out any mods to the dash you know? I got to do mine soon.

Anyone got a good idea. Post it up please!

• 1 year later...

I made I discovery on this...

Why not cut a hole in center divider and place the fucker in???? Like this...

Untitled-16.jpg

My other way will still work. I am a man of function and not style. YOU DONT have to cut your dash to make it flush... Add washers and spacers!!!!! If you fuck your dash to make it flush. Its all on you. I dont care if it has spaces and or it sticks out... All I care is that I can drink my soda with out falling on my lap and making people assume that I peed on my self. Have fun!

Once again.... 1998 Ford Windstar back rear cup-holder. Get one from the yard cheap and experiment. My first idea is on the beginning of the page.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I made I discovery on this...

Why not cut a hole in center divider and place the fucker in???? Like this...

Untitled-16.jpg

My other way will still work. I am a man of function and not style. YOU DONT have to cut your dash to make it flush... Add washers and spacers!!!!! If you fuck your dash to make it flush. Its all on you. I dont care if it has spaces and or it sticks out... All I care is that I can drink my soda with out falling on my lap and making people assume that I peed on my self. Have fun!

Once again.... 1998 Ford Windstar back rear cup-holder. Get one from the yard cheap and experiment. My first idea is on the beginning of the page.

Hi drink holders are important to poeple who drive lots, I had the same problem with my 620 so when I redid my interior I built a console for the gauges and stereo and the most important thing the drink holders !!!!!!

Here are some pics

Cheers Fast720

100_0720.jpg

100_0721.jpg

100_0722.jpg