my hotwheels collection is growing

Take them out of the box and play with them! I jump my blue 510 over shit on my desk when I get bored at work. I gave a black one to my nephew. He seemed to like crashing it into stuff.

Thats why I buy two or more of the ones I like. I can open one to play with:D

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here are some of the hotwheels customs i have made for socal ratsun members

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00395.jpg

How are you taking these apart?? (Removing the chassis from the body). And how are you reattaching them?

I have done a few, i just carefully drilled the stamped spots on the bottom and superglued them back together. :rolleyes:

But, I have never been very satisfied with the appearance when i am done. Looking for a better method.:D

When I tried to remove tampos, I had mixed results. I tried nail polish remover with Qtips. Some colors came off instantly, some had to work a little, and some wouldn't budge. One car I did had lots of colors and 1 wouldn't come off, but it did look different.

Newest thing for me is Super Clean. I have some of the original Castrol version but haven't tried the revamped better for the enviroment stuff yet. But, I have soaked things in it and the paint falls right off. Works great for PLASTIC, doesn't harm it. Also removes vacuum plating on model parts.

I have drilled out the rivits too. I used JB weld just cuz It's a similar color. But now you can buy rivit heads on ebay and such, just glue them in place and it looks factory.

I have drilled out the rivits too. I used JB weld just cuz It's a similar color. But now you can buy rivit heads on ebay and such, just glue them in place and it looks factory.

I will have to try those rivets on my next one.:D

Or maybe somebody could try them on their VIN tags.:eek::fu: Think it will still look factory?:lol:

I will have to try those rivets on my next one.:D

Or maybe somebody could try them on their VIN tags.:eek::fu: Think it will still look factory?:lol:

No but someone else makes those too.:eek:

i hot glue the axels on ,, and use 5 min epoxy for the rivet,, i use air craft stripper to take off allthe paint ,,to take off the strips i used automotive reducer nason brand,, and wax imedatly after,,

I'll have to try the reducer. Any particular wax or will any do?

i got my first copper/bronze over the weekend :cool:

Thats why I buy two or more of the ones I like. I can open one to play with:D

:lol: :thumbup:

my son gets to open and play with his and mine get stashed :sneaky:

the black always beats the blue too. well see what happens with the new addition...

• 1 year later...

ok so its been awhile, an i've got lots more hotwheels, but im not gonna go off an name them all right now, but i will after i move.. BUT my friend just came by and gave me 1 special hotwheel that i would like to share with you guys..

IMG00011-20101125-1954.jpg

IT WOULD BE A SHAME TO BLOW IT UP!

just datsun / nissan i have:

1 blue 1 white 1 black 1 copper 510 so 4 510s total

1 yellow 240z 1 blue 240z 1 white 240z 3 total

2 blue s15 silvias

1 blue 370z

2 gold slightly different from each other r32 skylines 1 blue r32 skyline 1 white r35 gtr 4 Gtr's total

i got some muscle cars too..

im gonna have to take a good pic of my collection at the moment it is 2 blue 510s, 3 black 510s, 2 bronze 510s, 1 white 510, 70 superbird, 70 road runner, 08 challenger, gallardo, veyron, skyline r32, 70 chevelle wagon,, 48 chevy pickup, 62 chevy pickup, 55 bel air, and a delorion