2nd annual SWDP BBQ get together - Aug 16

We have an update! Guy reserved gazebo #2 today which has a fixed bbq & 5 tables............

swdpbbq8-16-09permit0001.jpg

& just a FYI Guy & myself will be buying plenty of burgers, dogs & carne asada [chicksada] but if theres something special you guys want to eat feel free to bring it. That way if we get a bigger than expected turnout we'll have plenty of food. Also ..Guy will be bringing his own bbq & we may need another. Heres a link to the map...

[/url]http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&country=US&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&addtohistory=&cat=&address=11660+Sierra+Avenue&city=fontana&state=ca&zipcode=&cid=lfmaplink

zoom in or out on the map for a better view

& the adress is........

11660 Sierra Ave

Fontana, CA 92337

the gazebo we have is the 1st one on the right as you enter the lot...

Just like last year were asking the SWDP guys to help out & bring bbq supplies.

Guy-bbq , burgers , dogs

Mark- condiments , paper towels , burgers , dogs

Feel free to add to the list & ill update is as needed.

I also want to remind everybody that the park has a no alcohol rule, was'nt an issue last year but just a reminder. Heres a pic of gazebo 2.....

jurupapark1.jpg

& like last year we will be cruising down Foothill blvd ending up at the Wig-wam motel for a photo session.

Edited by Pacific coast Datsun
added info.
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg, You just gave Me another idea. A "brainstorm"!!!

Guy and I were talking a while back about building a "replica" or "tribute" truck exactly like Smokin' Joe. I was saying that I would not want to re-create something that was that cool. First off, because the owner's name was Joe and Mine is not. Secondly, that it would be incredible to somehow find the original rather to copy it. If I ever did copy it, which Funtana has 90% of the details already, just that it is green and not red and a few other features, I would be uncomfortable using the name "Smoking" or "Joe".

But what about naming it Smorking Roe???????????

Greg, You just gave Me another idea. A "brainstorm"!!!

Guy and I were talking a while back about building a "replica" or "tribute" truck exactly like Smokin' Joe. I was saying that I would not want to re-create something that was that cool. First off, because the owner's name was Joe and Mine is not. Secondly, that it would be incredible to somehow find the original rather to copy it. If I ever did copy it, which Funtana has 90% of the details already, just that it is green and not red and a few other features, I would be uncomfortable using the name "Smoking" or "Joe".

But what about naming it Smorking Roe???????????

Mike. You missed your call!!!!!! You crack me up.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Mike since that is 3 days after my 68th birthday, my shirt will be FREE right......................??? or do i have ta pay twice as much cause I is so damn old....See ya guys on the 16th....again this year, (as Last) I will only be able to stay for just bout 1/2 the day cause my Daughter is gonna be here from Aloha(portland) Oregon... and there is quite a b'day party scheduled......Lookin forward to seein all of ya'll there........Ron

• 2 weeks later...

OK Guys, once again Mark and I will be staying at the Wigwam historic Route 66 Motel. Here is Their link:

http://www.wigwammotel.com/

You might have seen pictures taken there on last Years thread. I will be reserving My room this week. Any of the rest of You needing a place to stay I strongly sugest the Wigwam. The rates are reasonable and a historic/great place to stay. The walls must have been made of "gunight" or something as they are THICK and You don't hear any outside noise. Also, there is ONE WAY IN and the SAME way out............. security for Your vehicles!!! Much better than a Motel 8 where who knows who is cruising through all night. The owners live on site and will see just who comes through the front gate. One other thing.................. just ask Mark how AWESOME the pool is after a long day in the Southern California sun!!!!!!! Anyway, if You guys let Me know, I can get adjoining "rooms" (teepees) all on one side. I plan to reserve a room on the east side of Their complex Friday.

Just 30 days till the bbq. TY Mike for getting a T-P for Sat. night. It"ll be a busy weekend for sure. Remember Myself & Guy will be buying food supplies early Sunday morning but it's also like a pot-luck....if theres something you want grill'd just bring it. SWDP!

OK just about 3 weeks to go. I have a few more people to call & or email . Looks like my friend Donald from http://www.truckrun.net may stop by & get some pix for his site. I have a few more people to call & or email as a reminder as well. I can smell the "chicksada" now :D

I failed to mention this earlier.............

The Wigwam now has a user-friendly room reservation. If You go on here and clic, then put in "save10" code, Your reservation will be deducted 10 %.

http://www.wigwammotel.com/rates/index.html

Once again, Mark and I will be staying there and during Our cruise, We will try to get as many trucks into the photoshoot. I plan this year to try to get a ladder there before time so that a much "higher" angle can be taken with all of the trucks.

Here is the link to last years photos and Mark's video clips of Us crusing.

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=5008&highlight=wigwam&page=11

I put the last page on first as the previous 9 pages are basically just discussion.

Come on guys!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's TRIPLE the amount of trucks at the old Fontana Datsun building and the Wigwam!!!

I just received the first trial run t-shirt to review. The printer went to a LOT of work to get the woodgrain!!!! This is the design that will be on the back.

bbq2009shirt.jpg

The front left side will have similiar artwork and the Bar-B-Que date.

I have ordered 75 shirts and am planning on pricing them at $8.00. I have promised Mark, Greg and Guy that any profit made above breaking even on the shirt order will go to pay for the gazebo and other related costs.

The shirts should arrive next week. I will sell all possible at the event FIRST and any remaining will be offered on a first come first served basis online.

As I said I will be there again this year. My Daughter and her family are gonna "surprise me" by driving down from Portland, Oregon for my Birthday on the 13th and we have a big deal planned for late Sunday afternoon, BUT, Ray and I will be there in the morning(Same as Last year) for a few hours, hope to see everyone there...gonna be a blast and Hats off and Thanks to Mark, Guy, and Mike for all you are doing for this again his year. Ron

I am ready for some BBQ! Mike put me down for 2 xxxl that's triple x. I will bring sodas and water for all and anything else we need let me know! See you all in three weeks!:D

damn dude you gonna build a tent out of that shirt?

Damm John thats cold...:lol: Ok just stating the obvious here but it's important. The park doesnt allow alcohol & please no burnouts. Also i got ahold of Ray [datskaoss] & he will be there. Ron,will be good to see you & Ray again :D

OK ill update the food list:

Guy-bbq , burgers , dogs

Mark- condiments , paper towels , burgers , dogs

Robert- soda's & water

Lawrence- bbq

Spread the word & tell your friends..come be a part of history.