GM selling museum Heritage cars!

Well looks like they found a sad way to make some money back...

1969_pontiac_gto_judge_main630_01-1219-630x360.jpg

MotorAuthority.com's report

Cars up for sale would have included a wide range of cars that have played important roles in GM's history, as well as some more bizarre lots, such as the 1990 Buick Bolero concept car.

Other notable lots include a 1918 Cadillac, the 1998 Popemobile used to transport the Catholic pontiff, and a veritable smorgasbord of Corvette specials, such as the 2004 Indy Pace Car Corvette and a number of 1989 ZR-1s. For those of you who like to get sideways, GM was also selling off its 2006 Pontiac Solstice GXP drifting car sponsored by Red Bull energy drinks. The drifter, which was driven by 2008's drifting champion Rhys Millen, puts out over 500hp (373kW) or roughly double the output of the standard Solstice GXP.

If any of these sound enticing, you'll just have to go and see for yourself which make the grade and which are put on hold by the government.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya it is tad sad, I personally won't morn gms passing or attempt at stopping it. Just don't like to see any museum close esp auto related. Hope the buyers will preserve them to a T for futures sake.

On a side note has any one seen how the chevy division has decided to flat out bash import companies? How self degrading, that every import company talks about how and why they believe they are superior then American makers just go about talking shit. Good image.

Ford suing its own fan base for making calendars.

Does anything even need to be said about Chrysler? :-X

On and on and on......

What they all have become is pathetic in my opinion.

Edited by 72240z

Now come on i know were all here as datsun fans but you cant deny the role american auto has played in the entire auto industry not to mention we would all be speaking either german or Japanese right now if it werent for there foundrys and mass production abilities.

Not to mention there was a time when american cars werent just average poorly made overpriced piles of garbage made by overpaid short sighted greedy morons.

So morn for the great history that is being sold off to pay for bad leadership and passing the buck.

P.s. Nissan put in for a government pay out too.

Once this country and it's products were respected and loved the world round

On a side note has any one seen how the chevy division has decided to flat out bash import companies? How self degrading, that every import company talks about how and why they believe they are superior then American makers just go about talking shit. Good image.

More about this IMO. I'm curious.

More about this IMO. I'm curious.

When/if I can track the 2 down I saw I will update.

One is a guy saying some people think honda has good mpg but thats not true. Then he goes car by car through the entire line up comparing mpg, which is not too bad imo but then at the end he says. Well there IS something honda has right we cant compete with, the camera zooms out and its a lawnmower.

There is another entire commercial about "importitus" believing imports are good cars.

No one else saw these? I find that hard to believe. I'm in a coastal city and saw them. I know they must be pushing those commercials HARD in the heartland where people more generally believe the bs and are way more partial to usdm.

Its not just naming names, its tacky and tasteless. What import company from anywhere does that to u.s. automakers? They all easily could too, if some of these companies marketed their cars in a shifty more aggressive manner they would wipe the floor with usdm, as if they aren't already.

Edited by 72240z