new to ratsun... my intro

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

underhood is currently quite embarassing... i guess its not bad apart from the vacuum mess but i want my damn mikuni side drafts!!!!

Need some 40mm Mikunis? I got some for sale. PM if interested.

BTW, awesome job with the truck. Nothing better then seeing a truck auto-x'ing. Do you have anything done to the rear suspension?

-Brian

I didn't see details on your suspension. What did you do to it to allow it to handle so well?

I did some work on a static drop on a 620 before. It still seemed a bit soft compared to even a stock Nissan car (late model)

torsion bars always seem like soft coil springs to me

Bout time you showed your face PEZi. ;) You should post some pics of your truck pre-murder.

pre- murder and pre drop

IMG_0074-1.jpg

I didn't see details on your suspension. What did you do to it to allow it to handle so well?

I did some work on a static drop on a 620 before. It still seemed a bit soft compared to even a stock Nissan car (late model)

torsion bars always seem like soft coil springs to me

the suspension is just generally stiff mainly because it is meant to be for a truck and with how light mine is it makes it stiffer to begin with... on top of that i chose a stiffer shock as well

are you running the factory front sway bar? Any different bushings?

I ran the stock 620 bar in front, poly bushings, and some lower ball joint spacers. The lower arms were still too flat and allowed more lean in the turns. Would have been a lot better if I had drop spindles.

Hahaha... Good to see you here!! :D

Nice 720

pre- murder and pre drop

IMG_0074-1.jpg

the suspension is just generally stiff mainly because it is meant to be for a truck and with how light mine is it makes it stiffer to begin with... on top of that i chose a stiffer shock as well

are you running the factory front sway bar? Any different bushings?

I ran the stock 620 bar in front, poly bushings, and some lower ball joint spacers. The lower arms were still too flat and allowed more lean in the turns. Would have been a lot better if I had drop spindles.

everything is stock on it except for the ball joints and shocks

phleb... thanks for the welcome as well!

welcome to ratsun beautiful truck makes me wish i had snagged the 720 my buddy was getting rid of but had nowhere to put it and no money to put into it :(

for anything z motor related datzen mike is the man to speak to or anything really :P