13" tires needed

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sumitomo makes some good selection of tire chices on 13 in rims

used ???????? Good luck. Its getting harder to find 165/70/13s

Back in the day they would have them on hand in the store. Now its wait to order them.Goodyear!

what do you think if I use 175/70/13 or 185/70/13 tires ?

I used to run 175/70/13 in the back and 165/70/13 up front on stock datsun steel rims.

Of coarse if your a agrressive driver they fronts will roll and wear out!!!!!!!

Dailey driver they are fine as most tires

just depends on the thread pattern I guess what you want .Some are more rounded edges others more blocked shaped thread.

But tire rack has a big listing of tires if look under Sumitomo

Yokomaha Y370B 165/70 are 59$ apc and a 180 thread wear which means its a soft compond and wears out fast.

59$ each for a 165/70 is alot.!!!!!!

It really depends on your wheel WIDTH. With 13", there's little room to play. Stock steel 510 wheels can handle 155-185, but 155 is almost too narrow and 185 is almost too wide. 165/80 is perfect on the stock wheel, as that's what they were designed for.

I used to run 175/70/13 in the back and 165/70/13 up front on stock datsun steel rims.

Of coarse if your a agrressive driver they fronts will roll and wear out!!!!!!!

Dailey driver they are fine as most tires

just depends on the thread pattern I guess what you want .Some are more rounded edges others more blocked shaped thread.

But tire rack has a big listing of tires if look under Sumitomo

Yokomaha Y370B 165/70 are 59$ apc and a 180 thread wear which means its a soft compond and wears out fast.

59$ each for a 165/70 is alot.!!!!!!

I'm not racing it or hitting turns all hard, its just a daily driver, so I guess it will be ok, I have some baby supras 13" on the car (toyota wheels on a Datsun, do you believe that!!)with the 175 70's and 185 70's in rear, Im just going to swap out the wheels and use the same tires, I'm selling the car so I don't want to put new tires on it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.