Pontiac GTO

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You planning on keeping it stock? I'd at least put some wheels on it...I've always liked those GTO's myself.
I'm keeping it stock for now. As far a wheels go, I'd like to put some ARE 200s wheels on it but I spoke with their tech department and they don't make any that will fit.
If you put some decent tire under it, those cars are very competitive at the track, even for being heavy as hell, those cars still accelerate, brake and handle like a modern sports car should.

Thanks for the advice but I didn't buy it to abuse it.

Bet that hammers?, A friend of mine has a 4 door shift kitted auto that changes to second and goes sideways but 350wrhp will do that.:cool:

Nice holden by the way, made about half hour from where im at:D

If you put some decent tire under it, those cars are very competitive at the track, even for being heavy as hell, those cars still accelerate, brake and handle like a modern sports car should.
I noticed the tire comment but I didn't really notice the rest. Let me see, you don't own one, do you? They're not race cars. I guess you could strip them and 'put some decent tire under it' as you say and make it lean more in the race car direction but that's not what they are. They are a very high performance road car with all the bell/whistles/creature comforts etc. I just don't understand why criticism, especially misguided criticism is such a common thing on most car sites.
I noticed the tire comment but I didn't really notice the rest. Let me see, you don't own one, do you? They're not race cars. I guess you could strip them and 'put some decent tire under it' as you say and make it lean more in the race car direction but that's not what they are. They are a very high performance road car with all the bell/whistles/creature comforts etc. I just don't understand why criticism, especially misguided criticism is such a common thing on most car sites.

Actually, there are quite a few used as race cars, and not stripped down versions either. I think he meant to say that with better tires you would get better performance out of the car with the better traction. I dont think he was saying your car was slow or you should stript it down for drag racing. Theres a guy that races one in SCCA autocross type races that has a supercharger on it and some other things. Still has air, cruise, power everything for the daily drive. You can race a car and still have luxury stuff. They also do fairly well at the dragstrip. I know you said you didnt buy it to race, but you didnt say what your plans were for it before he posted other than keep it stock for a while. He didnt know you were going to use it a cruiser and not a fun car.

I dont think he was saying your car was slow or you should stript it down for drag racing..............He didnt know you were going to use it a cruiser and not a fun car.
I didn't take it as him saying any of that. I don't really care as it's my car not his though he is entitled to his opinion as am I. I was just talking about people always finding something negative to say. My car isn't a 'cruiser' per se. It's a daily driver for the most part but it can be whatever I want it to be at the time. No matter how you drive, a car with 400 hp/400 ft. lbs. is fun to drive. Edited by HP11