Datsun 610/VW Bug Mini-Cruise

My friend and I went on a mini-cruise yesterday to celebrate the first nice warm sunny Oregon day in quite a while. What better way to do it than take our project cars out and deplete the Ozone layer a little?

My 610 hasn't changed much in a while, but it was nice to get it out and stretch its legs a little.

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=4821&highlight=610+resurrection

His Bug is a unique monster sporting a Subaru STi Motor (with higher compression heads and BC Cams) full custom everything, AEM programmable engine management, and he runs it on E85. He is a professional tuner (AEM) and has the thing dialed. It spools sooooo fast you would not believe it. It is a very scary car to ride in. I am not doing it justice with this one paragraph description.

Anyway just a fun day out on the road with a friend.

dsc0016edit.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaimesix

Nice.

Your 610 looks better and better. Every time I look at it, there is some subtle change that is not easy to ID, but it adds to its demeanor!

That bug is crazy! I want to get a Subaru engine in a VW Bus. I had a 68 bus and it was very cool. Got stolen ( :mad: B210 and bus lost to the evil forces...) but my revenge is in the backburner...that is one project I want to materialize.

That aside, a Subaru engine in a bug!!!!:eek: that must be an experience out of this world! Gnarly. I see he has appropriate tires and wheels, he needs all that rubber, not the usual VW barby doll chromed crap...this bug is a serious bug.....scratch that, that bug has morphed into a monster!!!!!

That is cool....up there...up north, you guys know how to have fun...plenty of cool Subarus, Datsuns, VW/Subi androids......yes!

Jaime.________________________________________________________

that is a sweet picture! hello new wallpaper :)

Aaron i'd love to feature your 610 resurrection on my blog, if its alright with you?

go fo it.

Heres what I know of his bug, it weighs 1,800 lbs. The transmission is a custom sand rail (or drag racing?) box by some aftermarket company. The wheels are custom made, the turbo is a stock STi turbo, turbonetics STi top-mount. Custom oil coolers and radiator (the thing always runs a little warm)

It dynoed well over 300hp at the wheels, forgot the exact number.

touch screen AEM EMS interface on the dash, Porsche programmable tachometer from a 959 or something....

His main goal was to make it do a wheelie. He is still working on it after many unsuccessful tries. Needs to re-do the suspension for more weight transfer.

here is a video he made of some of the attempts.

Yes, it makes my 610 with its measly 155 RWHP look very slow!

Dood! Can you get him to come to a meet? I've seen build pics of this bug and it is one of the cleanest installs I have ever seen. Looks factory.

-Brian