FS: VQ510- the 1972 2dr VQ35DE swapped Datsun 510

Creating a new for sale thread since I can't edit the old one to reflect my final asking price and my job situation hasn't improved a whole lot yet. Need some money to pad the Bank Account and maybe a vehicle better suited for family use, Boy Scout trips, and Utah weather.

This is a One-of-a-kind 1972 2-Door Datsun 510 with a VQ35DE Engine Swap. That

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Put $15K down and I'll hold onto it for as long as you want :D

On a more serious note, if you do want to put money down and have a definitive timeframe in which the rest can be paid, feel free to pm me the details.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks man.

I'm sure somebody out there, maybe near the border of Mexico, will be happy to take a few organs and might even compensate you with enough $ to buy the VQ510.

Hmm, that's an idea, maybe I should look into it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm debating it. The only problem is it looks like starting next week I may have no work for who knows how long. Gives me time to do bodywork, but not any money to cover debts and expenses.

• 3 weeks later...

I still haven't brought myself to selling some of the parts, fearing it may become a complete part-out as finances get more and more bleak. It's really going to be hard to sell the 510, especially after taking it up to a new shop Grand Opening here in Utah that bumped my Datsun enthusiasm back up. The shop is JDM Legends that will focus on fixing up classic Japanese cars (Datsun, Toyota, Mazda). They had a couple old Celicas on display, but what will excite most of you, as it did me, were the 1972 and 1973 Skylines. Look for the shop at the JCCS, they'll have a couple cars there as well.

Anyways, back to the subject at hand, asking:

$13,000 obo

Willing to consider trades for other 510's or a CrewCab pickup

Even if I do end up selling some parts I'm not sure if I'll be selling suspension/brake related stuff (still want it to be a roller while I work on it), but it I do I'll let you know if I decide otherwise.

$12,000

• 2 weeks later...

nice car also but i don't care what swap you have with the times right now and the shape of that car i see you coming down to about 8 getting a offer of 7500 and take off running with that.... cuz this car still needs full resto to pull anything around 15 to 20k i don't care what you say this is not a 57 Chevy its a datsun 510

oh and is their anything that can be done with that oil pan in this swap????? cuz damn i like my 510s a lot lower then yours and looks to me like if i tired that the oil pan would be sitting on the floor???? also looks like you popped it once already?? exhaust under the cross member??? why not just hog it out and go threw it?

Edited by JDM510
nice car also but i don't care what swap you have with the times right now and the shape of that car i see you coming down to about 8 getting a offer of 7500 and take off running with that.... cuz this car still needs full resto to pull anything around 15 to 20k i don't care what you say this is not a 57 Chevy its a datsun 510

oh and is their anything that can be done with that oil pan in this swap????? cuz damn i like my 510s a lot lower then yours and looks to me like if i tired that the oil pan would be sitting on the floor???? also looks like you popped it once already?? exhaust under the cross member??? why not just hog it out and go threw it?

Why so hostile with your post?

That's the route he took to build his car

"this is not a 57 Chevy its a datsun 510"

hmmmmmm:cool:

I'm kind of surprised that you're taking this line of attack man, considering you made me an offer for the VQ510, but I guess you're upset that I didn't want to trade straight across for your 240sx that is worth maybe around $5000. I hope I didn't seem rude when I ultimately decided not to accept your offer, because that was not my intention.

If the spacer on the intake manifold is removed that gains 1/2" that the engine can go up.

Popped what? If you're talking about the hood, I've fixed a minor clearance issue it had & it sits flush now.

As far as the exhaust goes I've always been a use the least number of bends kind of guy for less restriction. It could've gone through the crossmember but would've needed to be bent down just as low as it is now to get under the CV axle so it wouldn't have gained me anything other than several more bends in the exhaust.

ah, the truth comes out. so do you always throw a fit everytime someone doesn't want to trade you for your 240?

where on this entire post were you asked your opinion. what a hater.

xl8lr, man do i wish i had the cash.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.