dat u racing

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice cavalier LOL!!!:D

where'd you find that 'glass grill?

BTW- I'm sorry I couldn't pull the control arms from my donor 620 before we had to vacate our old house. I'll keep my eyes peeled for another set.

The common Holley 4 barrels are the 4150 (mech sec), 4160 (vac sec). The 2300 is basically like a Holley 4 barrel cut in half. All the cool Holley tuning parts can be used with it, and it can pull 350-500 cfm depending on which one, which I would imagine is plenty for any Datsun L engine, worked over or not. The neat thing about a Holley is it can be tuned to the nth degree- every single circuit can be tuned with parts that can basically be bought anywhere.

SO dat U racing, was it pretty involved getting that carb to fit on what looks like basically a stock intake?

Edited by Buzzbomb
Looks like an L20B, why do you call it Frankinstein?

Holley 2300 is the "common" Holley four barrel?

Looks like a Z24 block to me. :D L head. Wasn't Frankenstein's head off another 'block'?

Look at oil filter boss... no L series looks like this. Also just to the upper left of the far left freeze plug is the plugged hole for the Z engine heater hose.

IMG_0103.jpg

This is aZ24/Z24i timing cover. Note the two pair of top bolts in the timing cover... they are 2cm further apart than an L20B.

IMG_0105.jpg

Z24 dipstick. Also the block vent hole is further to the back than the L20B.

IMG_0106.jpg

Edited by datzenmike
Looks like an L20B, why do you call it Frankinstein?

Holley 2300 is the "common" Holley four barrel?

If it was an l20b. it would of had a marking that said l20b in the right side. Just like the l16 and l18. I think its a z series block with l series head?

No prob...That's :cool: .. Pretty awesome to see a Datsun rocking a REAL Holley carburetor! I always wondered if a Datsun could run a 2 barrel Holley, that's why I asked. I was surprised to see it!

I know a lot of people run Webers, and they seem like good carbs, but If it was as easy to run a Holley as it is to run a Weber, I'd take the Holley in a heartbeat for an aftermarket carb.

How bloody much you mill that head!!!!! 13:1 ????? What head you using... W58 right? :D w/spray bar, 14 lb 240mm flywheel, 5spd from a 4X4 with L bell on it.

If it was an l20b. it would of had a marking that said l20b in the right side. Just like the l16 and l18. I think its a z series block with l series head?

Saw that! (then forgot to mention it :o)

Edited by datzenmike

Is that header for your 620? Man that is one mean looking M!!!!! Will it fit?

And what is up with your front brakes... You dont have any!!!! WTF!!!! I guess the only time some one would stop during a race is when some one crashes.

Edited by Motavated

three wheel brakes, no right front must go left plus don't need the extra wheight, also if you stop on the track yougo to the back!!!!!

now that i see the pics i used a 2-24 plate and should of installed l20b plate

Edited by dat u racing

we race at marysville raceway park, not far from sac. you can check out there web sight look under mini stock.last year finished 7th with stock z-24 a

nd older built heaver truck should run up front with this!!!

goop is good ?

Wasn't Frankenstein's head off another 'block'?

Note the two pair of top bolts in the timing cover... they are 2cm further apart than an L20B.

A.B. Normal.

im getting my cover(s) modded as i type this. i HATE all the seepage in the front. RTV worked temporarily :cursing:

ive used the 2 side bolts to the Z24 block, didnt really help...

dipstick is hidden under the carbs, in the stock location ;)

goop is good ?

for cleaning your hands... :lol:

Edited by hang_510