old "photochop"

tnip

thought i'd share this pic from like 4 years ago, i used mspaint and a lil image i found on some site. would love to have the top one or the one right below that... or even the "mildest one with just the shortass bed... i'm a freak i like tiny lil trucks... thus i love the 521 i'm workin on right now... :D dream620

also i remember thinking the pic was funny cause it unintentionally looks like the 620 is "for rent"... also if i had any kind of real skills on photoshop i would really make up what my dream 620 would look like... but alas i'm a noob and usually end up saying fuck it and then go play tgmotocross

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks redeye for doin that... i was bein retarded and couldn't figure out to get that to work... i like those infiniti wheels too... especially slammed :D

to paccoast: if you're friend doesn't want me to have that up i'll take it down ... and how does it sound with that muffler on there? i'm thinking about using a similar one on my 521 but i don't want it to be high pitched soundin.

i also chopped up a 521 recently... it's culowdragger's truck and i just shortened the bed and chopped the roofline... i'll put it up if anybody wants to see it

this is culowdragger's 521... i don't have the original handy but it's an unchopped top and unshortened bed.

dream521.jpg

i know the driver's side wheel tub is funky and the border around the whole thing is chunky... what do you want from mspaint? at least i got the vent windows done right, had to make those, and the dash is mostly remade.

another little note on the exhaust, that turbo style might not work for what i'd like to do... i want to lose the spare tire and move the tag to the bed, just behind the cab on the driver's side and route the exhaust out between the taillights, something reminiscent of a pantera, or a race prepped 69 fastback i saw had something similair, like the "dtm" twin upturned tips, but not as extreme an angle. basically i really need to get a welder and learn how and just do it myself. has anybody seen an exhaust setup like that on a 521?

HHHMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm, so that's what I "could" do with My fourdoor's original bed!?!?! Take a standard cab, shorten the frame, roadster the roof and place this bed on the rear. Well, I still have an extra truck that hasn't sold yet to experiment with. But FIRST, I'll finish the projects that I have started!! Heck, I still need to finish Choptana. And NO, this bed is not for sale!!!!

fourdoor19732.jpg

whats the outline for?

I dunno...:confused: I will likely see if I can make a cartoon looking truck with it. seen the guy on ebay's shirts? somethin like that. I just wanted to see if I could do it. I already had a picture I use to test colors on the truck. I need to find a freshly painted (light color Silver would work great) of a 620 then I could test paint colors and it would be sick:p

that's one thing i never could figure out is how to change the colors and have it look right.

what "guy on ebay" are you talking about?

just took a look at your pics, those seats look awesome and look super comfy. i have a rust hole through both my doors that looks just like that one you've got, have you figured out what you're gonna do with yours? i was thinking of cleaning it up and just fiberglassing it, which according to my dad is how they would have fixed it back in the 70's/80's, so that's cool it'd be a period accurate repair, no that i'm trying to do it period accurate anywhere else.

In my lucky day, lucky day thread in the general section I actually found full good doors. They will be sanded to bare metal, dents worked out, shaved, repainted in the primer of my chosing, fitted with power windows, door popers, sound dampening material, and finished with beautiful new door panels made custome by me.:D

haha... i read that thread and just remembered you showed them off. have you started on them? i assume you'll post a thread when you do, you've been pretty good about sharing your plans and having pics as you go along, and i really appreciate it. :) that's a smart way to do it too, find good doors and do all your custom stuff while they're off the truck. if only i could find some good doors...

about your outline: you could make some pretty cool pics with that. from an artistic aspect you could use that outline and finish it up with windows, the grill area, some stockish wheels and then make a cool sticker for this site or for a datsun car club or something. or if you feel like makin a sign for your truck to display at shows that'd be a cool thing to have across the bottom or just in the corner at the top. basically you've come up with a good artistic accesory. you said you've already got an image to use for paint scheme ideas but is it a 3/4 view like this? it'd be a good thing to use if you were trying to tell your painter how you'd like the colors sprayed out. did you just make a new layer and draw the lines on that? or how did you do that? i'd like to make one for my 521.

660f3c27.jpg

I can write up instructions on how I did it. Although I might not do it the easiest way or have it turn out all that well at least you can get the idea. I just wanted an outline to play with. The color thing was a fun project to do. I can give you instructions on that as well. I am currently at work so you will have to wait till I get home. I use GIMP (free) to do all my stuff. I may make this picture smaller and turn it into an avatar. I will keep adding to the image untill I am satisfied. You all can hit me up on yahoo messenger there is a link in my profile if you want to chat using IM. I work till ~8pm so after that I am fair game.

haha... i read that thread and just remembered you showed them off. have you started on them? i assume you'll post a thread when you do, you've been pretty good about sharing your plans and having pics as you go along, and i really appreciate it. :) that's a smart way to do it too, find good doors and do all your custom stuff while they're off the truck. if only i could find some good doors...

about your outline: you could make some pretty cool pics with that. from an artistic aspect you could use that outline and finish it up with windows, the grill area, some stockish wheels and then make a cool sticker for this site or for a datsun car club or something. or if you feel like makin a sign for your truck to display at shows that'd be a cool thing to have across the bottom or just in the corner at the top. basically you've come up with a good artistic accesory. you said you've already got an image to use for paint scheme ideas but is it a 3/4 view like this? it'd be a good thing to use if you were trying to tell your painter how you'd like the colors sprayed out. did you just make a new layer and draw the lines on that? or how did you do that? i'd like to make one for my 521.

OK... I haven't started the doors other than stripping them of all stuff not needed (including the windows and weather stripping) and washing them. The next thing that will likely be done is trying to get out a couple of the small door dings. The paint scheme I will be having put on my truck is simple so explanation beyond this color on the body shouldnt be too tough;) Yes, I used different layers. I think I have 10 layers so far for different parts of the truck because I didnt want to mess any of the previous ones up. The better your original source is the nicer it will look when editing it. I wish that redeye had a silver truck as his is in great shape and silver would make overlaying colors pop very well.