My 74 620

djt0ast

oh yeah, what epoxy did you use to stick them headlight rings on the grille? ive got a set that i wanna put on mine, but the little tabs are all busted off.

I was gonna use JB weld... But I just ran out of time.... I was also thinking about using a small piece of Velcro where the tabs are supposed to be... That stuff it pretty strong, and easier to remove.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will put some Velcro on the rings missing tabs tonight. I'll let you know for sure how it looks, and holds up.

I used Gorilla Glue. just moisten the area to be glued and add a lil bit,

i mean just a lil bit as it will expand with moisture. Worked really good.

OK so I bought some more parts today, 2 doors and another fender. Just curious on the doors, how do you swap the locks for my keys to work... If it's crazy complicated, I'm wondering if I should just cut the good metal off the doors I got today, and weld it on the doors I have on the truck right now?

IMG00196-20090407-1834Small.jpg

IMG00197-20090407-1835Small.jpg

• 1 month later...

Would you guys suggest fixing all the cancer on the doors? Or just putting my other doors on. With the other doors though, they are 2 different colors... Green inside, and blue outside... So I would need to do a ton of prep work before I was able to install them.

Would you guys suggest fixing all the cancer on the doors? Or just putting my other doors on. With the other doors though, they are 2 different colors... Green inside, and blue outside... So I would need to do a ton of prep work before I was able to install them.

i would use the new doors..the paint differnce will get att. when you paint it anyway....good lookn truck...keep up the good work...you and dat620guy and i should meet up soon....

i would use the new doors..the paint differnce will get att. when you paint it anyway....good lookn truck...keep up the good work...you and dat620guy and i should meet up soon....

Sounds like a plan... I'm only working 2 days a week right now. So Monday - Thursday are usually open.

dang guy, your dash is almost prefect!! i wish mine was that uncracked :rolleyes:

yeah man, lower it some, paint them wheels black, itll look good!

oh yeah, what epoxy did you use to stick them headlight rings on the grille? ive got a set that i wanna put on mine, but the little tabs are all busted off.

I used Gorilla Glu on my trim rings. Works great but you have to be careful and only use just a little cuz the shit expands like mad when it gets wet.

Still trying to figure out if I should waste my time fixing up an old cowling, or get another one from a junkyard? I'm now on my 3rd one, and once I sanded it down it looks really bad... lot's of rust holes etc..

OK... As some of you may know I was having trouble with the blinkers, fuel gauge, and the temperature gauge going out. I finally figured out what it was this morning... It was a loose clip on one of the fuses. The fuse that runs all of those is a weird one to me:

fusebox-1.jpg

It says nothing about the turn signals! Anyways I thought this might help someone.

Edited by djt0ast

Last night we lowered it 3" in the back. (Now I think the front has to be about 1" lower)

Removed the the bumper... (Biggest pain I've ever had getting out 4 bolts!)

Painted the lens holder, and drilled holes to install the license plate.

PICTURES:

IMG00330-20090515-2024.jpg

IMG00331-20090515-2024.jpg

IMG00328-20090515-2023.jpg

IMG00329-20090515-2024.jpg

IMG00332-20090515-2058.jpg

IMG00335-20090516-0935.jpg

IMG00336-20090516-0936.jpg

IMG00338-20090516-0936.jpg

• 2 weeks later...