SSS choke cables

As the title states I am in need of choke cables. I broke mine this moring pulling it out to start my car. If anyone has one or knows where you can still get them I'd be really appreciative. I am in Des Moines, Wa.

Thanks

Damon

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats actually what I have in there right now. I am hoping to find SSS choke cables so they are mounted correctly but I might be interested . I think that the Roadster cables look like the SSS ones but I am not sure if they are long enough. Does anyone know if they are?

Tip. Before you install the replacement cables, degrease the cable end [gasoline or brake cleaner will work] dip the ends into some flux and lightly heat and apply a bit of solder, wipe before it sets so that you don't have a glob. The cable will slide into the choke fitting easily and will not unravel when you tighten the set screws on the fitting.

• Like 1
I just bought a Datsun 1600 Roadster cable of eBay, arrived this week.

I'm hoping I can make it work with my dual mikunis, and if not then with my Twin Hitachis.

19289.jpg

That fraying on the ends is what I was referring to in the above posting. Clean, flux, solder!

thats actually what I have in there right now. I am hoping to find SSS choke cables so they are mounted correctly but I might be interested . I think that the Roadster cables look like the SSS ones but I am not sure if they are long enough. Does anyone know if they are?

I used the roadster cables on my su carbs they work perfectly good luck:)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.