Weird click

Guest DatsuNoob

Guest DatsuNoob

So there's been a weird click in my front end when I come to a stop. I figured it had something to do with the brakes since the old lady I bought it form said it had brake problems, and her husband(deceased) was pretty much the only guy who knew for certain what was up. So I changed the brakes, checked all suspension connections, even replaced the shocks, and still it clicks and there is a slight lift forward when I brake. Not sure what's going on here. As much as I hate to take my vehicles in for service(rare), I might take it in to Schwab to see if they can diagnose it, unless you guys got a suggestion for me I haven't tried yet. Thanks.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ummm there are lots of parts that can go click when braking motion is set forth. try the bolts on the caliper, if they are loose sometimes they click, unless you have the drums, then it could be the springs inside. it could also be a part of the suspension moving, like the t/c rod, try the bolts, see what loose first, then take it in. youll feel like less of a retard when you go in then, especially if they told you it was something stupid.

I think that "click" came factory in all datto's :D My truck does the same thing, I can't tell if its coming from the rear or the front though. I just turn up my ipod :D

Put your truck on jack stands.

Pull the wheels.

Get about a 2' pry bar.

Try to use the frame for leverage whenever possible frame and pry every joint in the front end.

You'll find everything that's loose, which is probably alot in a 30+ year old truck.

If you don't know the source of any of the front end components (meaning, if you haven't replaced them personally) replacing them all would be a good idea.

If you do it in stages it's fairly inexpensive.

I put about $200 into all of the steering components on my truck, links and idler arm, and the difference was dramatic. Ball joints and bushings are next on my list.

The pry bar will help you sort out your list ;)

Icehouse has an iPod and internet in his 1978 Datsun. :D he's all about swapping newer technology into older cars.

hehe I sure do :D

I got an ipod in mine too, people look at me almost in disbelief when I pull up to them at a light changing songs. It must look outta place in my rig.

Me to, and when my 620 waists there V6 kia haha