Edz 620

Guess I'll be starting on this truck here pretty quick, so I'll start a thread on it. Here's some pics of it right now....pretty rough looking:lol:

IMGP0670.jpg

IMGP0674.jpg

IMGP0671.jpg

Went ahead and pulled it out of the dirt and threw some tires and wheels I had laying around on the back of it....looks kinds red neckish..:D

datsun620.jpg

Picked up a factory console, but I don't think I'm gonna use it..I'll probably throw it up for sale in a couple days..also grabbed the radio delete panel since the radio was in the console.

The plan is to get this running and use it as a DD for my new job. Need a gas tank and a radiator, so I'll be searching for those parts as I redo the brake and clutch systems. This truck is going to be a true "rat" as I'm not planning on doing alot of bodywork, except for the rear cab mounts.

To be continued.....

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool! thanks for the info man

yeah and its probibly more readily available its a 3 row and its wider then the stock 620 i had a 620 rad in my 610 it was to narrow for the 610 opening and when i test fited the 720 rad in the 610 the mounts were just shy of the headlight bucket mounts it will fit with much better cooling

:D...Yeah, just a touch of rust!!

thats not bad rust it looks to be about 99% surface though pics dont show all the little spots

Weeellll....last night I did a compression check just to make sure. It came out to 75. The engine hasn't been run in about 7 or 8 years and this was a dry compression check. I did notice that it was slowly rising the more I cranked..I stopped because I didn't want to drain the battery. What do you guys think??

pull your valve cover and make sure your getting oil to all the rockers.

also pull all the sparks plugs so starter doesn't have to work as hard.

your compression might rise after you get it running. When a engine has sit for a long period of time, rings seem to lose there seat but might reseat after its been ran for a period of time. good luck

with the truck sitting for so long it does not surpise me that the compression is down, rings have probalay lost there seat.

are you getting oil up to the rockers, if so, get it running and let it get up to temperature and let it run for awhile.

when it does reach temp, rev it up to 3 or 4 thous then let off, keep doing this and maybe the rings will reseat them selfs again.

When you've done this for about 15 to 20 minutes, take another compression test.

Edit : make sure that all the valves are adjusted, plus make sure none of the valves are stuck open..

Edited by 420n620
added info