Finally F10 Fotos.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jaime - Thanks for the cool link. I was just about to post a question if anyone has pics of an F10 racer. Probably someone in Oz has vids of Cherry races.

Rob - I had a link for a European site with racing E10s and F10s, but lost it in my last computer crash. Maybe the link is somewhere on my wife's computer if I poke around there enough. I tried to Google it and failed.

A Bluebirder just posted an eBay auction for a 1975 Datsun 100A / E10 Cherry "Estate Car" - 130295581980.

Len

Rob - Any idea the story on this car? Twin WHAT? I'm really curious. Japan car show? I'd love to see more shots of it.

No story' date='it was posted on a random flickr page. It was tagged as a Datsun cherry F-11. Spotted it when I was searching for images of a Datsun Cherry restoration in the UK that was really cool. Sadly I can't find the restoration page.[/quote']

That

Edited by mikko1200
Guest jaimesix
Thanks for the info mikko1200. Some great looking pics on that website. That valve cover is pretty sweet. My favorite cherry would have to be the 120A coupe that thing is wicked. Did these make it to the US?

120a.jpg

I like that car a lot myself. Very cool. One of the all time Datsun favorites under my list.

Jaime.___________________________________________________-

Len, I think this was the F-10 (F-II) I was looking for. It's been on ebay several times over the last year.:blink:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DATSUN-FII-120A-COUPE-1979-EXCELLENT-CONDITON-VERY-RARE_W0QQitemZ110357336030QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item110357336030&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A7|39%3A1|240%3A1318

No daft questions ...:lol:

Guest jaimesix

Here a few photos.

A Datsun Cherry . Racing heritage worlwide known ( except in the US...)

The real deal!!!

23284290306_large.jpg

The model, which is a cool Datsun model, I am going to get one. Models are made only after the best, and real racing all time winners. The Cherry/F10 family is used to top spots in competition! Respect please!

23284290308_large.jpg

23284290307_large.jpg

Nice Datsuns all over the world!!!!

Adding this cool Cherry in full pursuit!!!

23284290193_large.jpg

And a cool F-10 Cherry

23284290185_large.jpg

Cherry in Japan:

23284290329_large.jpg

23284290330_large.jpg

23284290331_large.jpg

Jaime._______________________________________________________________________________

Edited by jaimesix
Want to add a cool photo!!!
  • 3 months later...
Guest DatsuNoob

I'm loving the F10 race pics! I actually saw a red F-10 a couple weeks ago next to the local Sonic, and wondered when someone here was gonna do one. Pretty neat little car IMO. Looked so narrow inside though, the driver and passenger looked like their shoulders were almost touching :lol:. Dont listen to any of the naysayers out there, anything can look good dumped with a set of nice rims. You got a good shot at originality with this one. Look like enough room for a FWD SR?

• 2 weeks later...

A brief update on my F10: I finally got it running well enough to buy a license for it, even though I knew I still had fuel problems. I did several 2 mile up-and-down-the-road trips, and often seemed to run the carb float bowl dry. Maybe junk in the tank, or almost plugged line, or weak pump, or sticky needle valve. I put on a new filter, since that is so easy. Today I decided I was going to get the car from the farm where I work (its been there since I drug it home), to my house, a distance of 12 miles. I buddy took me out in his Ranger PU. We took extra gas, tools, carb cleaner, air tank to blow out the fuel line, jumper cables, and most importantly a TOW STRAP (I had a feeling). I drove it about 2/3 of the way home, but about every mile, I had to pull over and shut it off, then restart and let the float bowl fill. I was in 1st gear the last several miles. Finally, the first real hill made us decide the tow strap might be the sensible way to go. So it finished the trip on the end of a rope, but we did get it home, which has me pretty excited. I ordered a carb kit this afternoon. I don't think that is my problem, but I suspect the carb needs work anyway. I plan to drain the gas tank and clean the line from the tank to the filter with spray carb cleaner and compressed air. So I'm getting closer all the time to having a functioning F10.

Len

• 6 months later...

Here's a chance for you Coast people to cruise in style. I'm just as happy I'm 250 miles away, so I'm not tempted. And then there is the No Title thing. I already went through that with the F10 I own. It turned out for mine it wasn't too bad getting a title, but I was lucky and tracked down the PO.

Len

• 8 months later...

I have always wanted an F10. I even bought the haynes guide for one. I loved the dash, and the fact that it's front wheel drive

If you want one, you should probably start looking right away. The few I ever see in E WA are in wrecking yards. '77-'79 200SXs are pretty uncommon around here, but I've seen a few of them being driven. I've never seen a live F10 on the streets. I'd love to hack into the WA DMV computer and see how many licensed F10s there are in all of WA State. But if you are actively looking, you might just find one, maybe for free. Go for it!

Len

I have always wanted an F10. I even bought the haynes guide for one. I loved the dash, and the fact that it's front wheel drive

I know where an F10 sits this very moment. Looks straight, didn't see any rust. Been sitting a while, someone just threw some plastic over it a week or two ago.