car versus truck steering wheel interchangeability???

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I mounted this wheel from a late '70s Z car onto the 620 column and it fit but the turn signal canceling pins were not long to reach, plus there was a big 1/2" gap. I had to bend the horn contact arm up to touch the bottom of it. When I installed the 720 column everything fit perfectly.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/Datsun%20car%20trucks/dash001.jpg[/img]"]dash001.jpg

Edited by datzenmike

Thanks Kevin, the car I got it out of was so crushed I didn't even know it was a Z. I saw the front of the valve cover poking out and thought it was a 710 or something! Bought the remains for $30 and got a 5spd (a real good one) that I eventually used in my truck. Got the flywheel, alt, water inlet and more that I can't remember (should have checked the rear end) anyway I really liked the looks of this steering wheel and hated the spartan 620 one. Really like the two horn buttons and the big center one for emergencies. It didn't fit great originally, but maybe I did it wrong.

I'm running a Nissan 720 steering wheel in my 280ZX right now... temporary.

The aftermarket 350mm steering wheels feel great but I can't see the top of my main gauge cluster! :( so sad... I want to see my gauges without having to slouch down.

• 3 weeks later...
I mounted this wheel from a late '70s Z car onto the 620 column and it fit but the turn signal canceling pins were not long to reach, plus there was a big 1/2" gap. I had to bend the horn contact arm up to touch the bottom of it. When I installed the 720 column everything fit perfectly.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/dash001.jpg[/img]"]dash001.jpg

What steering wheel fits a '71 521?