Project SE-R

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those goin in the truck?

nope, in the car, but i wonder if they'd fit in the truck? they're 194s i think..

Nice. Let me know if they work good!

oh i know they'll work good.. im gonna have one spare i should put it in the truck if it fits lol.. but i still need to get a new speedo cable lol

• 2 weeks later...

messed aroudn with my idle more today, discoverd one of my intake tubes was off and the vacume nipple behind the TB was missing.. 2 huge vac leaks.. so plugged the hose back in an put another plug on that vac port an got her to idle happily at 1100, cant get it any lower an if i adjust the knob too much she wants to die an stuff... i'll figure it out in time..

ALSO!! PLAYED WITH NISTUNE! :) with the help of my buddy cody in the passenger seat :) heres some screen shots.

this one was at idle, or atleast what she was idling at (1100rpms)

Itimingbase.jpg

this ones at WOT at what my tach said 7000, lol what a liar eh

Itiminghigh.jpg

this one is at (1100rpm idle)

nistune2.jpg

this one wasnt quite 100% WOT, and was also to what my tach said was 7000rpms

nistune3.jpg

this one was second gear, part throttle goin up a small incline..

nistune4.jpg

pretty neat stuff!!!

ya, knocking rods :)

the sr20's last to about 200k then rods start knockin, WELL depending on how they've been treated.. i've seen em goto past 250k..

make sure it shifts all good an shit..

either buy one from someone who has no idea what it is, (so its mostley stock if not completely)

or buy one from an enthusiast.. warning try not to confuse enthusiast with ricer.. cause they Are out there..

example.. my friend just got one for 1300$ completely stock drivetrain that has a newer jdm motor.. how ever the suspension was Properly upgraded to some really nice stuff, struts an springs, front brakes upgraded, sway bars upgraded an eve had b14 se-r wheels.. the guy spent alot of money in the right areas.. he was an enthusiast :)

they're just like buyin anything else.. but the sr20's are easy to work on, good lil motors.. plus its easy to find replacement motors or even swap in better ones..

jus do what you would usualy do.. then find some shit you dont like about it an point it out so when you offor what you wanna pay for it they see what your offering lower then what they're asking :P