Project SE-R

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, too low for snow, and not to mention my air filter hangs behind front bumper, an inch below the bumper.. so any water / snow action is a no no for me.. not to mention i wanna keep her as rust free as i can :) i got the gf's g20 an the truck if need be..

im having this exact delema if i have to head up there my car is to low to put chains on they would rub my inner fenders and lock the wheels up

i might be able to stick chains on but eventually the snow would compact in my wheel wells... you could run studs an be fine here bonvo.. or get another cheapy vechile.. even a basic b13.. stock height an bald tires, you will be able to go anywhere in town! i had tons of fun last year..

• 2 weeks later...

found a cool little article today invovling a b14 sentra that has a sr20ve in it, the car belonged to mike kojima an he's building another one! if you dont know who mike kojima is.. google him..

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/tabid/59/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/1411/The-Dog-II.aspx

my fave part:

The SR20VE is a high performance variant of the venerable SR20DE that was never imported to the US. The VE features a higher flowing cylinder head, higher compression and most importantly a sophisticated variable valve timing system with high and low rpm lobes, much like Honda’s Vtec system. The VE was found on the Japanese Primera and Bluebird models. The reason why this engine was never offered here was probably due to decisions made by the same brilliant enthusiast hating executives at Nissan North America who decided not to import the S15, put the KA24 truck motor into the 240SX, the QR25DE engine into the Sentra SE-R and allowed the hideous B16 Sentra to make it into production
  • 3 weeks later...

i got one of those blox velocity stacks (cause it was cheap and blue and metal) an installed it today, i need to get a filter tho.. the car doesnt go anywhere so no big deal.. it sounds HELLA louder, mean as a junk yard dog.. that small ass CAI i had on was holding me back alot i think... we'll see when i get a filter an take her for a drive..

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

edit: i think im going to modify the velocity stack.. going to shorten the pipe thing a bit so that i have a little more room for the filter..

• 3 weeks later...